Chapter 2: Nighthawks

The next day the Jones twins were walking over to Pop's for a breakfast

Jughead was telling his sister about the Surpents that were at their trailer and what Tall Boy have told him.

Calista tried to hide it, but Jughead saw the sadness in her eyes.

"What the hell?" Jughead asked in shock.

She lifted her gaze from her shoes, when she heard her brother's shocked voice.

She looked up towards Pop's and her eyes instantly grew wide.

The twins looked at each other before they walked inside, the bell jingled as they walked in.

Calista and Jughead saw Pop leaning over the counter, with his head in his hands.

"Pop? Are you alright?" Calista asked him softly, as she walked towards the older man, and place her hand on his shoulder softly.

"Did you see?" Pop asked them sadly "Did you see what they wrote on my Chock'lit Shoppe?" he asked, referring to the spray painted message they had seen outside.

Death Diner.

"It's another win for the bad guys

"It's another win for the bad guys." Jughead told everyone as they sat at one of the outdoor lunch tables after school "No one was there. His entire staff quit."

"He said he wasn't sure how much longer he'll be able to keep the doors open." Calista added sadly.

"Maybe not even a week." Jughead continued after his twin sister, as Betty placed a hand on Jughead's shoulder.

"It's because of what happened to my dad." Archie said from across the table "People are freaking out. And I gotta be honest, guys, I don't see myself going back any time soon."

"Wait, I'm sorry. Am I hearing acceptance?" Betty asked them "I'm not letting one psychopath with a gun dictate what happens to our place. Jug, you went crazy trying to save the drive-in."

"I can't take on any more social issues right now. My hands are full." Jughead told her sadly.

"With your dad. Of course. And he should be your priority. Both of your priorities," Betty said, looking over at Calista, while Jughead sighed "I'll take point on helping Pop Tate."