Chapter 29: Outbreak

"Well, this is definitely the place," Jughead said as they walked up to the gate with a sign reading 'The Jones Yard

"Well, this is definitely the place," Jughead said as they walked up to the gate with a sign reading 'The Jones Yard.'

"You guys lost?" A kid asked from behind the gate "Or looking to pick up some merch?"

"No, we're looking for Gladys Jones." Jughead moved his jacket to the side and pulled down his shirt, showing his Serpent tattoo, while Calista stood behind him a bit "We're family. We need a place to stay."

"Jughead?" A familiar voice called.

"Jellybean?" Jughead responded with a huge smile on his face and wide eyes.

Calista looked from over her brother's shoulder and looked at her little sister, she hadn't seen for a long time.

"Thought I smelled something rotten." She teased. She and Jughead laughed for a moment before she glared at the kid by the gate "You heard him. Open the damn gate."

The kid reluctantly opened the gate, eyeing Archie and Calista as he did so.

Jughead rushed in, hugging their little sister with a grin on his face.

They stepped through the gate and stood by the wary looking teen by the gate.

"Jughead?" None other than Gladys Jones, their mother, greeted as she pulled the welding mask off her face.

"Hi, mom." Jughead smiled.

She put her mask down and pulled Jughead into a hug.

"Oh, Jug." She sighed, squeezing him "You feel like a... Like a bag of tire irons. Are you eating? Ugh, you're not a vegetarian now, are you?"

"You wound me, Mother." Jughead joked.

She laughed and then glanced over at her daughter, doing a double take.

"Calista?" She questioned, looking her over.

"Hey, mom." She greeted quietly.

Gladys pulled her daughter into a hug.

"How have you been? Staying out of trouble?" She asked.

"Sure." She nodded.

"Oh." Gladys laughed "I recognize that rooster top. Archie Andrews?"

She laughed and pulled him into a hug, smiling wide as she did so.

"Gosh, you sure grew up." She pulled back and looked at her son and Archie "Oh... So... You two finally got together, huh? I always knew there was something going on between you."

Calista started laughing.

"Uh, we're not together. We're just on the road together," Jughead clarified.

"Yeah. Like a bromance. And I'm not with Cali either. She has a boyfriend." Archie told her.

"Sure." she told them "I know you didn't come to Toledo for the weather. What's going on? Why didn't you call me, tell me you were coming?" she hit Jughead's arm.