Chapter 30: No exit

The quarantine was finally lifted after five weeks, and the Jones's and Ace were finally able to go home

Calista and Ace were always together, and now they were more close than ever.

She told him the true about Malachai because she just couldn't lie to the love of her life, and to her relief he understood and wasn't angry at her, her father wasn't either.

She had to do it. She had to kill her fear, her demon.

Now there was only one left.

Hiram Lodge.

Calista and Ace were by her locker at school, talking among each other, her brother walked towards them when they saw Toni and Cheryl walking hand in hand happily.

Calista frowned a bit as she saw how much her best friend had changed ever since she started dating Charyl.

Toni used to be more confident, and speak for herself, but now she was more timid.

And she didn't like that a bit.

"Blossom, Topaz, break it up," Moose ordered.

"Bite me, Moose," Cheryl ordered.

"It's one of the school rules, Cheryl," Kevin reminded her "All physical contact must be kept to a minimum."

"Well, that doesn't make any sense," Toni stated "There haven't been any seizures for weeks, and everything tested has come back negative."

"The ROTC doesn't make the rules, Toni," Kevin informed.

"No, you just enforce them like the crypto-fascists you are." Cheryl said as she walked up to him. She tapped his chest and turned around "Come on, TT."

They grabbed hands once more and traveled down the hallway.

The same night Calista was sleeping peacefully with her head on Ace's chest

Suddenly her phone started ringing on her night table, and the young couple groaned in annoyance.

"Babe, turned it off." Ace mumbled.

She groaned before she grabbed her phone and saw it was Betty calling her.