Chapter 35: American dreams

It was a peaceful morning and the Jones family was having breakfast together as a family

Calista was sitting next to her younger sister, while Gladys was pouring orange juice into their cups.

Jughead was on his computer on the couch, writing.

FP picked up some of the bacon off of his plate, reaching under the table and feeding it to Hot Dog as Gladys turned away, winking at his daughters to keep his secret.

"Eat up." Gladys said when she sat back down, FP pulling his hand back up. "Cause when we're done, we're taking a little ride."

"Where, Mom?" Jellybean asked her, with furrow brows.

"Well, that's a surprise, JB, but I think you're gonna like it. Cali too, you too old man." Gladys told them with a smile.

"Who you calling old?" FP asked.

"The man who's turning fifty tomorrow," Calista joked and he rolled his eyes as Gladys chuckled.

"Come here," she reached for his tie "You're all cockeyed."

Calista and Jughead shared a look, smiling as they watched their parents.

Calista then sighed, as she stood up "Well... as much I want to come, I have plans with Ace and..."

Gladys lifted her hand stopping her daughter from saying anything else "Hold on! I want you to invide him in." Her eyes grew wide "I want to meet the boy properly and I don't see what's the problem of him coming with us to see the surpise."

"You want to meet Ace? Now?" She asked her mother, with wide eyes.

"Yeah, why not? It's there a problem?" Gladys asked her confused.

Calista shook her head "No. No. No problem at all... I'll go and get him then..." she trailed off slightly before she left the trailer.

Gladys turned towards her son and husband "How it's that boy actually towards her?"

Jughead chuckled "Mom, he is amazing towards her. He was there for her from the beggining, never leaving her side even for a second. And the way he protect her, and look at her... he loves her mom. More than anything."

Just then the trailer door opened and Calista walked in, hand in hand with nervous Ace.

"Ace I want you to meet properly my mother Gladys Jones, and this is my younger sister Jellybean, but she prefer JB." She introduse them.

Ace smiled nervously at them "Hi, It's nice to meet you."

Gladys smirked at the buff Serpent "It's nice to meet you too Ace... so you're taking good care of my little girl?"

"Mom!" She hissed at her.

"What I need to know, that when Jug or your dad aren't there, there someone else to look after you." Gladys explained to her.