Chapter 11: The Wicked and the Divine

FP was getting ready for work as Jughead and Calista were working on a project when there was a knock at the door

"Sheriff Keller." Jughead greeted sarcastically, as he opened the door "What a surprise."

"Jughead, Fp, Cali." Tom greeted as he walked in "Sorry to bother you. It's..."

"We do not have General Pickens' head." She started, not bothering to look up.

"And we do not know who stole it." Jughead added after his twin.

"Same as the last four times you came by to ask us and our neighbors." FP finished.

"You know, Sheriff, these visits are starting to feel a lot like harassment." Jughead continued. "There's absolutely no evidence. Zero proof whatsoever pointing to any particular group of suspects."

"Well, you did write a rather scathing article about the General's legacy, which prompted the Southside Serpents to stop by Pickens Day with an ax to grind." Tom retorted.

"I'm actually writing a new article about how you seem to care more about catching a vandal than the Black Hood. Can I get a quote?" Jughead snarked, making FP and Calista snicker under their breath.

Tom didn't seem to like Jughead's joke and his face hardens.

Tom sighed "Let me know if you find anything." He said and walked out the door.

Jughead and Calista had made their way to school

They now sat in the student lounge as Veronica was telling them about her confirmation.

"I already invited Archie, but I want you guys to be there as well." Veronica insisted "Usually these kinds of events, baptisms, confirmation are family-only, but since it's all about me and you guys are my chosen family, I pulled a few strings and reserved you a pew." She told them with a smile.

"What is the dress code?" Kevin asked.

"Catholic chic. So, dresses for girls, veils optional. And coats and ties for the boys." Veronica answered as she rubbed Archie's shoulders.