Chapter 60: Climax

"Hey, did you reach out to Mr

"Hey, did you reach out to Mr. Honey?" Betty asked as Charles walked over to them, with other FBI agents combing through the cabin.

"We did. He's fine. No one's tried to kill him." He answered them.

"Well, for now at least," Jughead said sarcastically.

"In the meantime, you mind breaking this down for me?" Charles asked them.

"It's the auteur again," Calista went first. "It looks like they've moved on from recreating killings to reenacting a metaphoric one"

"Us and our friends getting Mr. Honey fired," Ace told him.

"And there is one other thing," Jughead continued "I wrote a story called 'Killing Mr. Honey' within which was a fictionalized version of this cabin. I don't think that's a coincidence."

"Alright, uh," Charles processed, "who else knew about that story."

"Just us." Ace told him as he pointed to himself, Calista, Betty and Jughead.

"I mean, unless I'm being watched or hacked." Jughead told him.

"This is interesting," an officer said, walking over and handing Charles a bag "It's four ticket stubs."

"From, like, the movie theater? Admission to watch the tapes?" Betty asked him.

"Stubs have the letters B and V on them," he told her.

"The hell? Like Betty and Veronica?" Betty asked him.

"No." Calista looked at them.

"Blue Velvet," Jughead realized "Like Blue Velvet Video? As in the one place that all roads keep coming back to? That video store and that crypt keeper, David? If he's not the auteur, he's connected to the auteur somehow. Or at least he's a fan."

"We'll bring him in," Charles told him "I'll call you in the morning. Get some rest."

"Okay," Betty agreed. "Good night."

Morning came around, and Calista and Jughead were at the FBI base talking Charles

"Huh. He's not talking," Charles revealed "Unless you count movie quotes."