Chapter 20: Judgment Night

"Help us! We need a doctor!" Jughead yelled as he, FP and Calista rushed into the crowded hospital, with Fangs

"Ma'am," he went up to the desk.

"Wait, your turn, please." she said without looking up at him.

"He was shot!" Jughead continued.

"I need you to step back!" she stood up.

"He's dying!" he slammed his hand on the desk.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Dr. Masters asked as he walked over.

"My friend was shot right in the stomach." Jughead told him, as he pointed towards Fangs, who was barely unconscious.

"Hey, get me a gurney. What can you tell me? Anything?" he asked as some other nurses rushed over.

"Um, h-h-his name is F-F-Fangs Forgarty." Calista closed her eyes as she tried not to panic, still holding Sweet Pea's flannel on his chest "He was shot about ten minutes ago at the Sheriff's station. We've been putting pressure on it and he's fading in and out."

"Okay," he nodded, seeming pleased with the information "Here we go. Lift up, lift up."

FP helped him get Fangs onto the gurney, causing Fangs to groan in pain.

He reached for Calista as they wheeled him away.

"Cali..." He whispered.

"We're right here Fangs." She called after him.

"Hang in there, hang in there!" FP told him "Hey, where do you think you're going?" he asked as Jughead started walking away the other two Jones' following him.

"To find the guy who shot Fangs." Jughead growled in anger as he looked at their father.

"You're not going out there. Not with people rioting. Look, you're angry, you want justice. So do I." He pulled him to a stop, getting in front of him "But you've got a fallen soldier here, boy, and we need to talk to his family. That's part of being a leader."

"Some leader I am." Jughead whispered.

"Don't go down that road."

"He's right," Calista let out. "If we had come up with another plan or led him out another way-" she said, as tears started forming in her eyes again.

"Hey, do not do that." FP told her sternly "You two did the best you could. Hell, Fangs is still alive because of you two." They both let out shuddering breaths "Alright, come on. Come on," he said more softly.

 Come on," he said more softly