Chapter 13: The Hills have eyes

"Fair warning

"Fair warning. Our Shadow Lake chalet is rustic, but it has breath taking views of the mountains, and the water." Veronica explained to Jughead, Betty, Calista and Ace.

Her and Archie were going away for the weekend to her families cabin and she invited Jughead and Betty to join them.

"Oh my God, that sounds heavenly, V." Betty said dreamily, she turned her head to Jughead "What do you say, Jug? Can you bear it?"

Jughead looked around for a moment, before his eyes met with his twin sister, who sat at the other couch with Ace.

She nodded her head at him, they needed more information about Hiram and his plan, even though she had suspensions about what his plans were, she had to be sure.

"As long as it's cool with your Dad." Jughead said as he looked Veronica.

"Mr. Lodge actually suggested it." Archie informed them.

"Really?" Calista asked him, as she shared a look with her brother.

"Yeah." Veronica nodded her head.

"Well then cue the dueling banios." Everyone looked at him confusedly "What? And it'll be a good chance for me to work on my novel." Jughead told them.

"Excellent! But remember the point of this luxury weekend is to relax and unplug." Veronica warned them.

Suddenly Cheryl walked into the room.

"Luxury and weekend, two of my favorite words. So where are we going and how extravagant a wardrobe should I pack?" She asked them eagerly.

"Sorry, Cheryl. It's sort of a romantic, couples-only weekend." Veronica stumbled a bit to find an excuse for Cheryl not to go.

Cheryl took a breath, almost like she's embarrassed.

"I see. Of course, my mistake. Have fun with your romances." She turned around and walked out of the room.

"Speaking of couples, Cali, why don't you and your beau join us?" Veronica suggests in a chipper voice.

Calista and Ace shared a look, before they looked back at Veronica.

"Us?" they asked at the same time.

"Yeah, why not?" Veronica asked them.

They looked at each other, "I mean, it could be fun?" Calista told her boyfriend softly.

He sighed and nodded his head "Okay why not."

"Perfect." Veronica smiled.