Chapter 3: The watcher in the woods

The metal detector beeped as Jughead went through

"It's the pins in my hat." he told the security guard.

"Take it off and go again," he told him and Jughead pulled his beanie off, throwing it in the bin before walking through again, grabbing his stuff.

Calista walked through after with a frown on her face and she glared at everyone that looked at her.

She was still very much pissed off after last night, so just one dirty look from someone else and she was going to snap completely.

"Forsythe Pendleton Jones the Third and Calista Jones the First."

She heard a familiar voice from behind her and her frown was replaced by a huge smile.

The twins turned around and saw Toni Topaz standing behind them with a smile on her face and a camera as she took a picture of them.

"Uh, it's Jughead, actually." Jughead told the pink haired girl.

"Antoinette Topaz. It's so good to see you." Calista told her with a smile, before she walked towards the pink haired girl and gave her a hug.

Toni laughed and returned the hug from the Jones girl.

After the hug Toni looked towards Jughead "I'm Toni Topaz," she introduced herself to him "I was supposed to give you the full animatronic tour of Southside High, but some of the robots went insane and started killing the guests, so we'll just wing it." she explained to them.

Calista let out a small laugh and Jughead raise his eyebrows, before they started following her as she showed the twins their new school.

"The classrooms don't have WiFi, the bathroom stalls don't have doors." Toni informed them as they walked down the steps.

"What about the school paper?" Jughead asked her.

"Yeah, it no longer exists. Censorships, budget cuts, take your pick."

They rounded the corner into another hallway.

"To your right, you'll find a rare glimpse of Jingle Jangle being consumed in its natural habitat." Toni explained, referring to a group of four in the corner.

"I'm sorry. Jingle Jangle?" Jughead asked.

"This place is crawling with the JJ. Highly addictive, total gutter drug, so let's not touch that." Toni told them seriously.

"Jingle Jangle. Fascinating," Jughead mumbled.

Toni lead them into the cafeteria.

"Here in the cafetorium, Ghoulies sit over there." She gestures to a group of kids that wear a mix between goth and steampunk style clothes.

Calista looked towards them and she instantly paled as she recognized some of them from the night she disappeared.

She quickly looked down at her shoes when she noticed some of them eyeing her up and down.