Chapter 59: Killing Mr. Honey

Calista, Jughead and Betty were at the FBI base with their brother Charles

They were watching the snuff film from Cheryl's home and were comparing it with the real footage of Jason Blossom getting murdered.

"Months of static of houses, now this," Charles said "Why change the pattern?"

"To get us to focus on them more." Calista answered him not taking her eyes from the footage.

"Our Voyeur is trying to recreate himself into an auteur." Jughead added.

"No longer satisfied with merely documenting our daily lives, it seems." Betty stated.

"Between this tape and the one of Betty and Ace killing us, it seems like he's trying to painstakingly recreate our deaths or near-deaths. He's trying to blur the line between fact and fiction." Jughead told them.

"Is it a warning?" Charles asked them.

"Could be a rehearsal." Betty suggested.

"For what?" Calista asked her.

"An actual murder," Jughead answered.

"So our auteur got a copy of Jason Blossom murder video and then... pulls a Gus Van Sant and tries to remake it?" Calista gathered.

"Where did he get the original video though?" Betty asked.

"Blue Velvet Video," Charles answered.

"Is there anything else we can do at this point?" Betty asked her older brother.

"Wait for another tape." Charles answered "Keep going through the videos that we confiscated from the Scarlet Suite."

"Okay, well, I'm going to have to let you three handle that because I have to finish proofing the yearbook tonight." Betty stated as she grabbed her bag.

"That's the most high school thing, you've ever said," Jughead smirked at her.

It was the next day, Calista was in the student lounge with the others doing her homework

"Breaking news everyone." Jughead said with a huge smile on his face, as he rushed into the student lounge where they all sat working on homework "So the University of lowa has one of the best writing programs in the country. I applied for spring but then they told me they could take me as early as fall."