Chapter 42: In memoriam

The school year ended and life seemed to become normal again

Gryphons and Gargoyles had been quickly forgotten the Farm had mostly disappeared and the town was getting ready for the parade for the fourth of July that Pop's sponsored.

The town was quiet allowing everyone to return to their normal lives.

The week before the Fourth of July was the busiest Calista have ever seen Riverdale at all.

Pop's was sponsoring a Fourth of July parade, and the whole town was preparing for it.

In front of Pop's six friends were working on a float for the parade.

Jughead Jones, Calista Jones, Archie Andrews, Veronica Lodge, Betty Cooper and Ace Martinez.

The boys were building the framing, while the girls were painting the giant milkshake laughing and talking about any little thing, while music was playing from the radio in the background.

They all looked over as a red car pulled into the parking lot and Cheryl get out.

"Mmmm great the she-devil arrived." Calista commented quitly, but loud enough for her brother and boyfriend to hear her, making them chuckled at the girl, before they turned back to Cheryl.

"Well, well, well." Cheryl walked out of her car, and closed her door hard "Stop the presses. The Riverdale Rag finally reported a story accurately. Not only is there going to be some hideous janky parade sneaking its way through town, you six are the architects of this outrage."

"What's your problem, Cheryl?" Veronica asked her, with annoance and little bit of anger in her voice.

"My problem, Veronica, is that the fourth of July is a day of tragedy for Riverdale, not celebration. Or have you forgotten what happened to my poor brother, Jason?" She asked them.

Calista and Ace both rolled their eyes at the red headed girl.

"Cheryl, Riverdale hasn't held a parade out of respect for what happened to your brother in... like, years. I think it's time." Betty told her, with her usual soft voice.

"I mean." Jughead sighed after his girlfriend "You don't have to come."

"Oh, I'll be there, Insufferable Smurf. Front and center with a sign of protest in one hand and horn of compressed air to silence any revelry in the other." She turned and went back into her car, glaring at them before driving off.

"Great." Veronica sighed and there was a pause.

"Anyone hungry for breakfast?" Jughead asked.