Chapter 44: Dog Day Afternoon

Archie invited Ace and Calista to his gym, mostly because he wanted to see how Ace would fare in his ring

She watched from the side of the ring as Archie and Ace circled each other.

"Are you sure you want to spar with Ace, Arch?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at the redheaded boy.

"Do you have no confidence in me, Calista?" Archie shot her a look.

"Oh, I have confidence in you." She shrugged "But I have more confidence in Ace."

"Thanks, baby." Ace beamed at her.

"Gross." Archie teased, throwing the first punch.

Ace dodged it, and they continued their sparring.

She shook her head at the pair, turning her attention to the front door that had slammed open.

"Sit your butt down and don't move." Munroe snapped, leading his little brother into the gym.

She furrowed her brow at them, approaching the irritated looking kid.

"You need to chill out, okay?" Malcolm huffed "Nothing happened!"

"Everything all right, Munroe?" Archie asked, leaning against the ropes of the ring.

Ace followed suit, listening in on the conversation.

"Anything but." Munroe stated "Malcolm's been hanging out at the Wipeout Arcade."

"So?" Archie questioned, not knowing about the things that go down there.

"That place is crawling with dealers and fiends." Ace informed him, glancing back over at Malcolm.

"And I don't want him mixed up in that." Munroe continued "Didn't we say we were gonna turn this place into a community center, Red?"

"We are." Archie nodded "I still plan on it. But... life kind of threw me a curveball. But you're right. Feels like it's time."

"Speaking of time." Calista huffed, checking her phone "Jughead is about to leave for Stonewall Prep, with those preppy dicks."

"We should go then." Ace nodded, handing Munroe the gloves he was wearing. "Let me go change."