Chapter 5: When a Stranger Calls

Jughead and Calista were walking outside of the school building, towards the courtyard

She was trying to explain to her brother what happened last night, but he didn't listen to her at all.

When the twins walked outside she noticed Ace, Sweet Pea, Fangs and some other Serpents surrounding a lunch table looking at some papers.

Sweet Pea and Ace heard them and looked up as they approach the table.

"Nice article your girlfriend's mom wrote." Sweet Pea snapped at Jughead, standing up from where he and some other Serpents were leaning over a drawing.

"Yeah, I saw that." Jughead sighed "Dilton Doiley said he was stabbed when a bunch of you guys jumped him."

"Idiot stabbed himself. With his own knife." Fangs corrected him, as he glared at Jughead.

"And we didn't jump him. It was a fight. Serpents vs Bulldogs. And you see this?" Ace pointed to his eye "Your boy Andrews gave it to me, just before Calista showed up and pulled me away from him and his girlfriend shot a gun into the air."

Jughead looked at his sister, who just shrugged her shoulders "I tried to tell you, you didn't listen to me."

"Wait, what happened?" Jughead asked with shock, and Calista rolled her eyes at him.

"And of course, Northsiders get off scot free and the rest of us get hauled in by the police. It's payback time." Sweet Pea said to Jughead and looked down at the papers spread across the table.

Calista furrowed her brows in confusion at his sentence, as she and Jughead walked closer to them.

"What are you guys talking about?" Jughead noticed the papers "What is that? Is that a pipebomb?"

"Fogarty's cousin was in the Army, he's gonna build us something." Ace said like he wasn't talking about a literal bomb.

Calista looked at him and Sweet Pea with wide eyes "What the hell it's matter with you two?! You can't do that! Did those mutts beat the rest of your brain cells or what?!"

"We'll do it after hours, but it'll shut down the Riverdale Register once and for all." Fangs explained.

"You think blowing up a building is going to make things better?" Jughead asked aggravated.

"Can't get any worse." Sweet Pea snapped at him.

"Yeah, Sweet Pea, it can." Jughead told him "Let me talk to Archie. Let me figure this out."

"Man, that's your answer for everything. Talk and more talk. Just like Calista." Ace told him angrily, he then leaned forward on the table "And we don't even know who you two stand with. Us? Or them? You can't be half a Serpent." He glared at the twins before they wrap up their plans and walked away.

" He glared at the twins before they wrap up their plans and walked away