Chapter 76: Surprise in Red

Note: Belated Happy New Year!!!

-

The days were getting peaceful.

And Taehyun loved peaceful days, but lately he thinks something is off.

Beomgyu has been acting off too, there had been a change in the older male's actions lately. Something that Taehyun could only label as soft.

But the older has always been soft with him, however these past few days made Taehyun think that this softness was different from the usual.

There was a difference between soft and gentle in terms of love.

And somehow Taehyun sees nothing but gentle in Beomgyu than soft nowadays.

It started with Beomgyu's gaze.

And then it was his actions.

And then it was his words.

Everything screamed gentle and with an undertone of something intense.

There was a tinge of fear boiling in Taehyun's stomach, wondering if the older male had already knew about his secret.

Taehyun hoped Beomgyu wasn't aware of his little crush on the older boy.

He never really acknowledged the blooming infatuation until they went back from Busan, the minor change in Beomgyu's actions made Taehyun think back of his burried feelings. He had acquired them before he went back to school from summer break.

And now his feelings seemed to be growing, plunging deeper towards his heart like a stem of a growing rose. It wasn't bleeding, not yet, but it sinks in deeper, the thorns slowly forming and wrapping itself around Taehyun's heart. Waiting for the right moment to make him bleed in pain.

One thing they never tell about crush culture is about how it mostly centralizes on the part of being delusional. The heart is quite naive in terms of love, thinking that a simple action or word can confirm the mutuality of a person's feelings. Almost everyone is aware of that fact, but there are times when one just can't help but hope that the feelings are mutual.

Even if there is only a very low percent of reciprocation.

But if anything, Taehyun wasn't blind or stupid. The change of actions and gazes of Beomgyu were evident that he had a chance with him, or maybe the older male just wanted to do it.

Taehyun lets out a sigh, why was he even thinking about love anyway?

The young boy is at the field, sitting on one of the bleachers. He wanted to study, but Taehyun can't help but think about there night market trip a few days ago.

He looks up at the sky, closing his eyes as he feels soft caress of the wind.

Then a sudden thought came to mind.

'Should I confess?'

It was enough for Taehyun to snap his eyes open, sucking air so quickly as if he'd run out, heart pouding against his chest with a cold sensation prickling his body.

A rather scary realization of knowing he can actually do that at anytime.

It's been four months nearing five, wouldn't he regret it if he doesn't confess?

What was there to lose anyway? If the older male liked him back?

Now this was a whole case of delusion that Taehyun is embarrassed that hebis currently going through.

But he can't just label the change of Beomgyu's behavior as platonic, either!

The older boy clearly has feelings for him too.