Chapter 45: suspicious?

Kai had his suspiscions.

Although he hadn't voiced them out yet, he was certain that there was something else going on.

It might just be because of the events that happened. But Hyuka felt like there was something more to the equation.

As far as Hyuka has observed so far from Soobin being the vice president was that he was a good leader over all, dare he say Soobin was a brilliant one.

So what could be the problem that resulted a blackmail?

Kai leans against his gaming chair, starring at the screen of his computer as he played with the strings of his hoodie.

'Maybe someone from the committee, one of the higher student council members. But why though? Soobin-hyung has a pretty good relationship with them. Unless...'

Kai drags himself towards his desktop and snatches his phone that was on the edge of it. He quickly opened the said device and went to his contacts, as he scrolled down Hyuka eventually found Moh-wa's phone number which he quickly dialed.

And thankfully it didn't take a for Moh-wa to answer.

"Yo."

"Hey Hwa, can I ask a question?"

"Hm? Ah, sure go ahead."

"When's the school election again?" Kai asked rather sheepishly.

"Seriously?"

"I'm sorry I forgot to write it down, you know how busy I am with the robotics club," Hyuka whines, a pout on his lips.

"You could've atleast wrote it down on your notes in your phone Hyuks, it's more easier that way."

"I know, I promise I'll write it down," Kai pouts.

He hears Moh-wa sigh before speaking.

"Probably—"

Kai hears the female trails off, and after a few seconds Moh-wa utters.

"Oh, now that's a sneaky one to say it," she comments with a chortle, sounding rather impressed.

"What made you think of that though?"

A smile made its way towards Kai's lips. "It's obvious Hwa, why else would they do it?"

"Hm, well you have a point. Somebody might be trying to sabotage Soobin by threatening him just so he doesn't run for office again. He had quite the high ratings in the survey last year. I also heard that Soobin is running for president for this year's election. So that probably explains your theory about it being political, but I doubt that one member of the committee did the blackmailing."

Kai frowns, "Why's that?"

"Hyuka, my love only a fool would be stupid enough to proceed a blackmail by using their own device or IP address. Clearly they had someone do the dirty work for them."

"I know, but who would be willing to do that?" Hyuka utters, frustration growing rapidly.

"Well, there's actually two answers to that. It's either they chose someone who doesn't like Soobin, or they bribed someone with lots of cash."

Hyuka bit his lip, he slumped onto his gaming chair as he lets out a frustrated sigh.

"Do you have anyone in mind?" he asked.

"I do have one actually, I'm quite confident about the latter too."

Hyuka frowns, "Hwa, please don't think of accusing people that you don't like."

He hears a not so offended gasp from Moh-wa's side.

"I don't do that, Hyuks. I never would!"

Hyuka didn't respond and rose a questioning brow, although Hwa couldn't see it. Moh-wa knew that the boy was giving him the look.

"... I mean having strong evidence against them doesn't really count as accusing so..." Moh-wa trails off.

"And you call yourself a journalist," Kai comments which resulted a chuckle from Moh-wa.

"I have solid evidence, sources, witnesses and everything to defend what I write and say, my love. I think I'm very much deserving to be called a journalist."

Moh-wa says in a confident manner before adding.

"Besides, I never lie."

+×+

It was night time, the stars and the moon were covered by dark clouds and heavy rain was pouring hard on the city of Gangnam.

"You fooled me there, I say it was rather impressive," a male said as he leaned aganist an edge of a concrete wall.

"I had to make it convincing," a voice said.

The latter scoffed. "I cannot believe this, you actually outsmarted me for once."

This lead the voice to chortle, "I outsmarted you lots of times, what're you talking about? I hope you didn't forget who taught you everything in the first place."

The latter clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"I can't believe your Soojun plan worked."

__________________________________________

I hope you liked the chapter:)

Note: hi guys! Sorry for the super late update, I've been really busy with school and it's very hectic so I can't update regularly 😢

-Ria