Chapter 42: little details, little clues

The ringing of a phone was enough to make Beomgyu stir awake, groaning. To which had unfortunately resulted him to fall down on the hard wooden floor.

Which unintentionally made the young detective hiss a cuss out of his mouth.

Beomgyu decided to stay at his brother's dorm for the time being. Considering the fact that Yeonjun needed someone to give him comfort and dry off his tears, or to put it on a cheesy (and heartbreaking) way...

The older needs someone that isn't Soobin.

And also because Beomgyu wanted to make sure that his brother wouldn't do anything rash due to the break-up that had, unfortunately damaged him in an emotional manner.

And Beomgyu wondered how long will it take for him to go back to his dorm? He was really starting to miss Taehyun as well.

But since it's for the sake of his brother and Yeonjun-hyung's sanity and emotional health; a few nights with his brother wouldn't be that bad.

But unfortunately Soobin didn't have a spare bedroom, only a couch that barely fitted Beomgyu's whole body. And the latter would rather not sleep than share a bed with his brother, even if Soobin offered him to.

But perhaps he should have really considered said offer.

Beomgyu lets out a frustrated sigh as he sat up on the couch and grabbed his phone that was on the coffee table.

His brows furrowed as he checked the time on his phone.

4:23 A.M

And as his mood didn't any better when he saw the ID caller's name.

The clown🤡 is calling...

Beomgyu clicked his tongue in annoyance as he answered the call.

"Ah, Miss Jung Moh-wa tell me did your insomnia attack you again and so happened to have the mood to disrupt my sleep?"

"Wow! Good morning to you too detective, and spot on as always!" Moh-wa says through the other line, tone dripping with sarcasm.

Rolling his eyes, Beomgyu leans against the couch ad he lets out a sigh. "Aight Jung, judging that you called me way too early than you usually do for reports means that you want to meet up. And I assume that this is connected to that picture you're working on, although sending them would've been easier but anyway..."

Beomgyu lets out another sigh. "What's the location for the meet-up?"

Moh-wa's line went silent for a while before she spoke.

"You know, the way you say all those and ask about the location so casually sounds like we're doing something illegal."

Beomgyu scoffed. "Will you just amswer the question?!"

"Oh, got out of the wrong side of the bed, mate?"

He closes his eyes and lets out a sigh. "Jung Moh-wa you are certainly testing my patience—"

"Ha! Your patience is as rare as your conscience bitch. In fact as I know for a fact those two things are only reserved for Kang Taehyun!"

Beomgyu resisted the urge to roll his eyes and scoff.

"Location, now," he demands, voice emitting a low growl.

"Tsk, you're no fun."

+×+

Beomgyu's foot tapped continuously on the cobblestoned pavement. Said latter was at the mall near a coffee shop which was the location Moh-wa had sent him.