Chapter 43: what is a name when it is not?

Note: sorry if it took awhile guys, last week was my first day of face to face classes so I got really excited hehe😅✌️

-

"We could have walked her to her club hyung."

Kai pouts as he kicks a pebble on the ground.

Beomgyu scoffs. "Oh c'mon Hyuka what's so fun of following Moh-wa to her club? Besides Jung is a member of the school's official gossip slash rumor spreading committee."

"I didn't say I wanted to follow her hyung!" Kai says. "I simply said I wanted to walk her there."

The older male furrowed his brows. "What is she a child? The idiot could take down two men in a minute, what're you so concerned about?"

"I dunno I got used walking Hiyyih to school or to her classroom when we were kids." Kai explains as he dug his hands into his pockets.

"I sort of missed that now since she and I attend different schools which are quite far away and living at dorms," he adds.

"So you're treating Hwa as a little sister to relieve that brotherly habit?" Beomgyu asked, glancing at the younger.

"Well not really, I kind of do it unconsciously. Whether it's with Hwa or with you and the hyungs, I can't say it's a habit. But I'd like to call it a developed trait of mine," Kai tells him with a smile.

Ah, right.

Sometimes, Beomgyu forgets that Kai isn't just a maknae. Because before the said title Hyuka was an older brother to his little sister Hiyyih.

"Huh," Beomgyu spoke. "Maybe I shouldn't baby you anymore. You sound like a protective sweet older brother."

"That's because I am!" Kai laughs. "Well to Hiyyih at least."

"Yeah, but with us you act like a baby," Beomgyu comments.

"Hey! I can be mature around you guys too!" Kai says.

"Yeah yeah, I know that now let's-"

Beomgyu was cut off when Hyuka's phone rang.

"Oh wait a minute hyung," Kai excuses, fishing the phone from his pocket. As he read the ID caller the now blonde haired male quickly answered the call and held the phone up to his ear.

"Hello? Oh hey Changbin-hyung, what's up?" Hyuka greets from his phone.

Beomgyu watches as Kai as he talked to his sunbae from the robotic's club. Slowly he notices Hyuka's brows slowly furrow and his face supported a somewhat confused look.

"Eh? What do you mean one of our drones is missing?"

Hearing that, Beomgyu frowns.

"Wait which drone? Was it Yunjin's? No? Then whom's?" Kai questions frantically.

There was silence surrounding them until Kai shrieked, startling Beomgyu.

"WHAT?! It was Heesueng-hyung's drone that went missing?! Oh no that was the one Mr. Kim chose for the robotic contest tomorrow, what're we gonna do?!"

Beomgyu blinks, 'Heesueng's drone went missing? Wow, what a coincidence Hwa said the blackmailer might be a tech-y guy since the drone didn't look like as if it was made by a brand.'

'Looks like we've got ourselves a blackmailer and a thief.'

Soon after a smirk made its way to the detective's lips.

'Now this is getting interesting.'

+×+

Taehyun lets out a sigh as he looks up at the clouds that were overlapping each other on the sky.