Chapter 63: Golden hour

Note: sooo as I was writing this chap my crush came up in mind (one of the reason why I barely updated around april and may😅) got rejected(?) tho hehe. I would've been fine if I hadn't agreed to go to prom with him🤦‍♀️ damn HUMSS boy knew how to break hearts without even realizing. Just placed this since I kinda owe y'all an explanation why I didn't update on those months

But anyways enjoy!

-

Two weeks passed since the gala and surprisingly everything was peace and quiet. Not the type that would give your guts a feeling that something terrible was bound to happen.

It was normal—surprisingly normal.

Taehyun sets his pen down as he stretched his arms before gazing down at his workbook in mathematics. He was currently at a small cafe near the school.

Blue hour cafe was quite known as it's always crowded with students after school ends for the day. Either to gossip with friends, go on dates, study or see what the cafe's new bread of the week is.

Picking up his half-eaten sandwich, Taehyun took a bite as he stared down at vehicles and people rushing through the streets. He was at the second floor of the cafe, there wasn't a lot of people on the second floor — just Taehyun and three other students.

He took a small bite of the sandwich in hand, eyes settling on the sunset that was covered by tall buildings.

'What a shame.'

"Quite bothersome isn't it?"

Taehyun snaps his attention away from the sunset only to find Beomgyu seated on the chair infront of his.

"I thought you went to the music store?" Taehyun asked, eyeing the older who had a cup of coffee and croissants placed on the table.

"And I thought you went back to the dorms early," Beomgyu counters.

"That's because I wanted to study," Taehyun reasoned, tapping his math workbook before putting it away.

With a scoff, Beomgyu rolled his eyes. "So you're not here to watch that wretched excuse of a sunset?" he gestures outside, the lowering sun covered by tall buildings and skyscrapers.

"I-I was looking at the buildings," Taehyun denies as he chewed on the sandwich, suddenly the porcelain plate seems to be more interesting at the moment.

"Sure. . ." Beomgyu narrowed his eyes before shrugging, "Suit yourself."

A beat of silence lead the two boys to focus on their food.

Cheek rested on his temple Beomgyu took small bites of the croissant he ordered. They tasted different from the ones his great-aunt used to make when he was little — but they were good.

His eyes snuck a quick glance at Taehyun.

And then it became a stare.

Soon Beomgyu stopped nibbling on his croissant, straighten his posture and stared respectfully at Taehyun.

No, he wasn't staring at the said younger's chiseled jaw, or his pouty lips. Beomgyu knows those features very well and as they always stood out the most in sideview.

But those weren't the ones that caught his attention.

It was Taehyun's eyes.

Those brown doe eyes.

There was always something whenever Beomgyu stares at Taehyun's eyes, whether they were in a side or front view.

There always had a something that Beomgyu could never point out.