Chapter 37: Pandora's Box

Note: I am so sorry for the lack of updates you guys. I had a major writers block and was running out of ideas. I'm so sorry!🤧😢

The air was weird.

And no, Beomgyu was not talking about the pollution he inhales everyday.

Take it as more like a physcological thing.

And it all started this morning when he bumped into Yeonjun.

Usually the latter would greet him with that outgoing smile of his and would sometimes ruffle his hair.

However...

Well Yeonjun still gives him a smile, but it looked more of a weak one. He was also greeted with a nod, not ruffling his hair like usual. And the latter's eyes looked a bit red and puffy, an indication that he had cried.

And not to mention that his presidential brother looked as gloomy as Yeonjun. Along with that weird errand Soobin gave him when he called on the phone this morning.

"Find the pandora's box."

Okay Beomgyu knew who this pandora's box is, but he wondered why would his brother tell him to find the latter?

Was his brother on the verge of life and death?

Beomgyu shook his head, no, but then why would Soobin want him to find the pandora's box? He knew his brother knew that contacting the latter would mean that something was up.

Did they broke up? Well, that was kind of obvious judging by their auras and expressions.

But something doesn't add up.

Why would his brother break up with the man he shamelessly rained with compliments whenever him and Beomgyu were alone?

'Someone must've threatened him to break up with Yeonjun. Maybe that's why he wanted me to get her.' he thought.

Though Soobin could just call the latter himself.

"Well considering the fact that he can't since he's being watched, and my brother can't do anything that could ruin it." Beomgyu says.

He was currently walking towards Taehyun's club when Beomgyu saw Yeonjun sitting on one of the benches outside. The latter looked devastated, he had tears rolling down his eyes as his head hung low.

Truly a sight of heartache.

Beomgyu wanted to at least comfort him, but he figured it was best to leave Yeonjun alone for now. The latter was sure it'll only bring more sadness to the older if he sees him.

Since Beomgyu is Soobin's little brother after all.

"Hyung! Hyung!" a voice shouts.

It was Taehyun.

Beomgyu watched as the young boy crouched down on his knees, trying to catch his breath.

"Tyun? I thought Jaemin-ssi wouldn't let you go until five? It's still four-thirty in the afternoon," Beomgyu says.

"We got dismissed earlier, Jaemin-hyung said he had to talk with Jeno-hyung." Taehyun answers, straightening his posture.

"Anyways, I heard from Hyuka. Is it true?" the blonde male whispers.

Beomgyu furrowed his brows, "What do you mean?"

Taehyun went closer and whispered into Beomgyu's ear. "That Soobin-hyung and Yeonjun-hyung broke up?"

The older male's eyes widen as he looked at Taehyun. "He told you?"

Taehyun nodded, "Mhm, this morning Hyuka and I were at the library and saw Yeonjun-hyung crying. I asked Kai if he knew why and he told me that Jun-hyung and your brother broke up last night."