Chapter 60: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.4

Tw: mentions of blood

Floriography: language of flowers

-

Meanwhile at the maze garden, Moh-wa and Hyuka were making their way ever so quietly to avoid the gardener.

"I'm having very strong urges to kill someone right now," Moh-wa murmurs behind Hyuka.

"As much as the angel in me would love to help Hwa, murder isn't legal," Kai comments as he looked over his shoulder.

The brunette rolled her eyes, "If only it was."

"Well I for one, am glad that it isn't. Considering your psychopathic thoughts and well-hidden blood lust tendecies," Hyuka says.

"As if you ain't any better," the young lady mutters, giving him a side-eye.

Kai snorts, "As far as I know I don't. . ." his voice softened at the last word, holding up his hand to stop Moh-wa from walking.

The brunette blinks at the sudden gesture and quietness coming from the boy.

"See something?" Moh-wa whispers.

Kai looks over his shoulder and places an index finger on his lips before pointing at something in front of him.

Moh-wa peers over her shoulder and saw blood splattered around the concrete pavement and the shrubs of purple flowers aligned at the side.

"Looks like the gardener hasn't cleaned his mess," Kai comments, crouching down at the blood. Moh-wa right behind him.

"Yeah no kidding, poor beauties," Moh-wa spoke, eyeing the purple flowers.

"They're beauties alright," Kai agrees as he stood up and went to Moh-wa's side.

"But they're toxic," he adds, before glancing at the brunette beside him. "So don't touch them," Hyuka gently pulls the brunette away. "Rhododendron's irritate the skin."

Moh-wa gave him an impressed look, "You certainly know your way around flowers."

Kai shrugs, "Nah, Hiyyih usually knows a lot more than me about flowers. My knowledge leans more on Floriography than Botany."

"That's cool," Moh-wa compliments him, "So what do these flowers mean?" she gestures at the flowers in front of her.

"They don't exactly mean anything good," Kai mutters, "But rhododendrons usually mean danger."

Moh-wa hums, and then a thought comes to mind.

"Hey Hyuks."

Kai turns to look at Moh-wa, "Hm?"

"What if the flowers. . ."

His eyes travelled onto something behind Moh-wa.

Without any hesitation, Kai grabs Moh-wa by the arm and pulls her a few steps back just in time before an axe swung to where she previously stood.

The maske gardener wasn't very happy about it.

Instinctively, Moh-wa kicked the gardener which made him fall onto a bush.

"Run!"

Moh-wa quickly grabbed Hyuka by the wrist and dragged him running from the killer.

"That's it I'll fucking castrate that 185 cm motherfu—"

"Hwa that's not important right now!" Hyuka reminds her as they ran through the endless maze.

"Then—"

"Tell me what about the flowers," he blurts out.

Moh-wa frowns, "Ha?"

"The flowers! Earlier you said 'what if the flowers' before you got cut off. You got an idea or sumn?"