Chapter 1: Choi Beomgyu

School.

What could be the perfect word to describe, school?

Hell?

Prison?

A nightmare?

A mental institutional asylum?

Or maybe just a mere building that teaches you stuff that you don't even need?

Well,

Some of it you don't need.

An establishment where adolescents mingle with someone their age. A place where fun starts, the social ladder appears, the groups and where the craziness happens; hook-ups, temporary love stories (some not temporary), break-ups and et cetera.

But if you ask Kang Taehyun, school was just..... school. Nothing special about it, nothing exciting either. Today was his last day of summer before the new semester starts. And because of that, he decided to head back to the Academy. Other than being bored in his very own house!

So here he was now, standing infront of his dorm room with his luggage in tow. Taehyun studied the door thoroughly, a habit he had while growing-up. It was the same well-polished mahogany door that had a honey-like colored number plate that had the number 553 carved on it. The young lad lowered his head, staring at the keys to his dorm. It was like any other key, nothing special about it. But Taehyun was sure his roommate was already in there so there was no need for it.

The blonde haired male lifted his head and knocked at the door, two times.

"It's open Taehyun-ah!" A voice said from inside.

For a second there, Taehyun froze. He was aware that he shared this room since according to the dormlady, Ms. Kim that every student needs a roommate. But what confused him is how the heck did his roommate know that he was the one knocking?

Could it be beacuse he missed him? Well, Taehyun was also excited to go back to his room, and he also admits he misses the older.... maybe that was it.

Shaking his head, the latter grabbed the doorknob and twisted it. Revealing a little living room that had a TV attached on the wall, a small mini-kitchen and a mini-dining table. And Taehyun also noticed three rooms on the further most corner of the area, one is the bathroom and the remaining two are the bedrooms.

It looks more like a condominium than a dorm. But what can you expect from a prestigious school ey?

"Welcome back!" A voice chirped from the couch. Taehyun snapped his head to the said direction to see a male, clearly a year older than him. He was clad in a white shirt, black sweats and had a guitar resting on his lap. His brunette hair was covering his eyes yet Tae could see how good-looking the latter was. He gave Taehyun a heart-warming smile, which lightened his features.

'As handsome as always,' the younger thought.

"Hey hyung," Taehyun lazily lifted his free hand as a greeting.

The brunette male let out an airy laugh. The latter placed down his guitar and stood up, walking towards the young boy, ruffling his hair. He was slightly taller than Taehyun.

"Tired?" Beomgyu asked, still smiling.

"Isn't it obvious?" Taehyun giggled, holding his luggage up-high to the brunette who laughed in return. "I guess so, how's your break?" he asked, walking back to the couch.

"Nothing much really. Just helping mom out, eat, play with hobak, sleep and repeat. Kinda boring, nothing worth talking about. How 'bout yours? Anything interesting this year?" Taehyun asked.