Chapter 33: Can I hold your hand?

Note: I'm so sorry for not updating, I had a major writer's block and this chapter was supposed to be posted yesterday but I had some wifi issues. Once again, I'm so sorry(╥﹏╥)

"The wall?" Taehyun utters.

The brunette nodded, "Mhm, since the wall could be seen in any angle. It can hear secrets, well not literally; it keeps us safe. Brats- I mean troubled teens use them as canvases for spray painting. And of course, is the first step in building establishments."

"Hmm," Soobin hummed. "I believe you're right, but how can we figure out how to escape the first room? I mean, we know the answer is the wall. But surely- "

"Hey guys, I found sumn!" Kai announced from the back getting everyone's attention.

"Oh Hueningie, what'd you find?" Beomgyu asks walking over towards the youngest.

Kai looked over his shoulder and then showed Beomgyu a small crumpled paper.

"Where did you find this?" Beomgyu asked, gesturing at the paper.

"I found it on the corner wall," Kai says, pointing at a specific corner.

"Hmm, may I?"

"Oh sure!" Kai gladly gave the crumpled paper to the brunette.

Beomgyu took the crumpled paper gratefully before smoothing it with his fingers which eventually greeted them with a series of words.

J B T H E
M E L C S
T O U W Z
A I V P Y Q
B O E K H
L U P I N
E A R T H

"Is it code?" Yeonjun quickly appeared behind the younger male.

"Mm-mm," Beomgyu mutters, eyes now averted to the paper.

"A more specific answer is guaranteed, little brother," Soobin says, glaring at his dongsaeng.

Rolling his eyes, Beomgyu lets out a sigh. "No, it's not. In fact its a crossword puzzle."

"Crossword? Oh that'll be easy!" Kai chirped, peering from Beomgyu's shoulder.

"Look, Move the table," Taehyun says, pointing at the words.

"Why the heck would they want us to move the table?" Soobin asks.

While the others argued about what the message could possibly mean. Taehyun walked towards the said table, it was like any other furniture you'd see in the past.

And then the blonde male found himself crouching down. Examining the table from below, Taehyun's eyes then went down to the gray colored floor. He then noticed gaps that were only centimeters wide and somehow, had circled the table.

Curiously, Taehyun placed a hand on the gap and he felt air coming out from it.

'A secret compartment?'

"Hey guys?" Taehyun called out.

"I found something."

Averting their gazes towards Taehyun, Beomgyu quickly walked over to the younger. "What is it Taehyun-ah?"

"There's air coming out from this gap, here I'll show you." Taehyun quickly grabbed the older's hand, making Beomgyu almost fall on his face.

But nevertheless, he kept his balance and let Taehyun guide his hand towards the said gap. Placing the older's hand on top of it, Taehyun glanced at the older male who's eyes were on the gap.

"Hmm, I believe you're right Taehyun-ah. This might be a compartment or a door of some sorts." he mumbled, taking off his hand from the ground.

"What if it's a portal to hogwarts?!" Kai says, eyes beaming with excitement.