Chapter 23: Lies For Mi Corazon

Warning: a dangerous plant is mentioned in this chapter. Read at your own risk. And the author has done quite a terrible job in constructing the chapter.

The sun was taking its time in crawling up to the horizon. The orange and yellow hues of the sun rise overlapped each other perfectly. Indicating that a peaceful day was about to begin.

Oh but honey, in this world we live in.

Nothing is close to peaceful.

A figure was standing at the center of the empty hallway. Hand on its pocket and its other hand was looking at its phone, staring at the message that popped out minutes ago.

From: 09**********

Meet me at the hallway near the locker's. Don't be late.

Sighing, the figure slid its phone back to its front pocket.

"I must say, for a killer you're quite punctual. But I guess some suspects are just cautious, don't you agree?" a low, deep voice surged from behind.

The figure spun to where the voice was heard, and in the shadows of the corners revealed Beomgyu. He was in his uniform, his aura was dripping with authority and dominance. As if he was a tiger coming for its pry, a sinister smile was on his lips.

"Who are you?" the figure asked, harshly. "What do you want from me?"

Beomgyu let out a low chuckle, a glint of mischief flared on his eyes. "I think I should be the one asking you that-"

"Seo-joon-sunbaenim."

The said male glared at him, teeth clench as he spat. "I don't know what you're talking about, kid."

Beomgyu tilted his head innocently as he walked towards the latter. Hands on his back, and a sly smirk on his lips. "Oh I think you know. Something that concerns your former girlfriend."

And with that being said, Beomgyu saw how the male stiffened. His smirk growing wider at the small action.

"Look if this is about Min-young then I have no connection of what happened. Heck, I wasn't even in the cafeteria when it happened!" Seo-joon reasoned.

Beomgyu chortled, hands behind him as he circled around the senior. "You know, in detective movies. Even if the culprit wasn't present during the deed, the murder weapon they used is always there, sighted in broad daylight. But of course, the police wouldn't know because they only base on the obvious. But then again, that's why we have consultant detectives."

"Oh I remember now. You're that detective-wannabe-freak!"

Beomgyu let out a dry chortle. "My, I guess walls do talk."

Seo-joon let out a laugh. "Listen kid, if you wanna play detectives then why don't you play with someone your status, ey? Oh and, where's that assistant of yours? I heard his quite the beauty."

Upon hearing his last sentence. Beomgyu came into a halt and faced the senior, he wasn't smiling anymore. His aura went from cocky and confident and took a three-hundred-sixty degree turn to cold and intimidating.

Beomgyu chortled dangerously. "Yes he is quite the beauty indeed. But beauty maybe an understatement. And surely I tell you sunbae, you have no chance in capturing his attention. Since he absolutely despises men that are the likes of you."

Seo-joon glared at him. "What did you just say?"

"Anyways, let's not bring my lovely assistant into this conversation of ours," Beomgyu says, voice dropping a few octaves as he continued to stare at Seo-joon.