Chapter 55: Partners

"Wow, looks like the owner has a thing for fancy stuff," Hyuka utters, gesturing at the elegant designs and fonts in the message board.

"Not surprised," Moh-wa spoke, "Vampire lores are always so fancy and regal."

"And sexual," Beomgyu comments, earning a gasp and a smack from both Taehyun and Yeonjun.

"Watch your mouth, hyung!"

"Say that in front of Hwa and Hyuka again and I'll cut your tongue, Beomgyu!"

The poor brunette winced and glared at the two males. "That's a normal word! Besides it's true, why else would vampires have those sharp teeth? Obviously to drink blood, a typical vampire movie always has that chosen one where they can suck blood from their necks and..."

He gets smacked and nagged again.

Hwa and Hyuka stared blankly at the three before looking at each other.

"Do they really think we're that innocent?" Moh-wa whispers.

Hyuka shrugs, "I think so, but isn't that quite the advantage on our part?" he snickers.

The brunette frowns playfully at him, "You're evil."

Kai shrugs and nudges the lady, giving her a cheeky smile.

"Don't worry, to me you two are little devils," Soobin spoke, earning a pout from Hyuka.

"No we're not!" he protested.

Soobin rose a brow, clearly not convinced. "Says the one who managed to hack the principal's computer on purpose."

"It was an accident! I didn't mean to hack it," Hyuka tries to defend himself.

"Oh really?" Soobin's voice had a hint of amusement. "Because I very much remembered how you stormed inside the usual café Yeonjun and I go to and proudly told us you hacked the principal's computer."

The blonde male pouts, "Why am I the only one getting exposed? What about Hwa?!" Hyuka pointd and accusing finger at Moh-wa.

"That's because Hwa was honest," Soobin explained.

Hwa nods, "Honesty is the best policy, Hyuka."

"Shut up you lied several times before!" Kai debated.

"But before doesn't count in now," Moh-wa counters, a sly smirk on her lips.

Hyuka pouts and sulkily crossed his arms, he then settled his eyes on the small screen.

'We are pleased to announce that you six have been selected as players for our annual entertainment held once a year.'

Kai blinks and shifted his gaze to Soobin, "Hyung, by entertainment they mean...?"

"The game Hyuka," Soobin answers. "The hotel would call it an entertainment since it's their way of making their guests busy while they prepare the main event."

"And what do you mean by main event?" Moh-wa asked, raising an eyebrow.

"The actual ball itself," Beomgyu pipes in, finally getting out of the naggings.

"Once a year Decelis would celebrate the birthday of its founder which is every February 14. And of course what is Decelis without their unique concept of an entertainment while they make their guests wait?" Beomgyu tells them. "Their games are either mind-aching or just plain adventure escape room, you know the typical arrows flying around and find that one tile that doesn't make you fall—"

"Wait is that even legal?" Kai asked.

"Of course, everyone's still alive so it isn't considered as dangerous," Beomgyu answers.

"How do we know you aren't lying?" Moh-wa asked.

"Because Soobin-hyung and I played here before," Beomgyu answers.

"You two don't count because you two are immune to those kinds of things," Moh-wa comments.

"You don't count as well 'cause you..." Beomgyu points at Moh-wa, probably offended by her previous comment. "Are a source of these kinds of things too," he counters.

"Alright you two, stop it," Soobin commands, inserting himself between the two youngers.

"We need to focus on the game, so stop this puny childish dispute and focus on the main objective." Soobin began, side-eyeing the two teenagers in front of him.

"Decelis hates redundancy, so the game changes every February 14, which means we don't know what to expect. But right now..." the vice president gestures at the three doors. "I think the first step into this is very obvious now, no?"

Beomgyu scoffs, "Well obviously—"

"Pick your partners, and after that we all enter one door with said partner we chose," Soobin said.

"Pick anyone except Yeonjun," he adds, standing close to the older male.

The older male looks at him, "Bin... I don't think it's best that we go separate ways—"

"I picked him first."

Yeonjun sweat dropped, clearly his vice president wasn't listening.

"Then I'll go with Hwa!" Hyuka announces with a smile, wrapping his arms around the latter's neck.

"Hyuka what the heck don't headlock me! Do you want me to suffocate?!" Moh-wa groans, trying to pry the boy's arms from her neck.

"How is this suffocation?!"

"And what did my neck do to be at your big arms' mercy?!"

Beomgyu then averts his gaze from the forming chaos to Taehyun, "That leaves you with me sweetcheeks."

The blonde haired male sighs rather tiredly (affectionately) before smiling. "As if I have a choice."

Beomgyu smirks, "No wandering without me this time."

__________________________________________________

I hope you liked the chapter:)

Note: sorry if it's a bit short guys, school's been keeping me busy huhu. Thank you so much for waiting! ❤️

-Ria