Chapter 74: A little something about jealousy

Note: sorry I took too long everyone✌️

-

Having a crush is actually harder than it looks, at least that's what Beomgyu thinks at the moment. He knows some people can play it cool, and Beomgyu can very much do that as well if it weren't for the fact that Taehyun was his roommate.

And was his friend as well.

And a friend doesn't look at you in a certain loving kind of way, and they definitely do not get jealous when someone tries to flirt with you. And if you're painfully single they'd even encourage it.

And Beomgyu is definitely not following either of these unsaid rules.

And jealousy is very hard to cover up.

"That guy's annoying," Beomgyu murmurs, eyeing a random student who was with Taehyun.

Kai tilts his head, "Do you know him?"

"No, but he looks annoying," Beomgyu replies, narrowing his eyes when the student inches closer against the young Kang. "Does he even know boundaries? He's sticking himself on Taehyun like glue!"

Kai and Yeonjun shared a weird look before averting their gazes back at Beomgyu. "You okay?"

The brunette lets out a grunt as a response before taking a rather harsh bite on his sandwich. They were hanging out at the tables near the football field when some student approached them asking for Taehyun sunbae-nim about something regarding the radio club. And Beomgyu had a feeling that, that kid only used it as an excuse, despite the fact he's seen him in the Radio broadcasting club before.

Funny thing about jealousy in crush culture is that you don't have the right to be jealous at all. You aren't the lover, you're just an admirer, just a simp.

Exactly what right do you have to be jealous of two people interacting with each other?

And Beomgyu knows he had no right, but he can't help it. The longer he stares at Taehyun and that boy he could simply taste the bitterness curling around his throat, creeping into his veins and his heart was pulling too hard on its heartstrings enough for Beomgyu to feel a bad sting.

And despite the many attempts of looking away, Beomgyu couldn't help but look at them.

It made him uncomfortable in a way, even though he doesn't have the right to be.

"Is this jealousy I smell?" Kai winders in a teasing voice.

"Jealousy has no scent Kai," Beomgyu murmurs, holding up his can of soda to his lips.

"But I'm not hearing a no~" Kai sung, teasingly poking Beomgyu's shoulder which earned him a glare.

"Jealous of Taehyunnie getting close with Ricky?" Yeonjun teases as well, pointing at Ricky and Taehyun laughing at whatever stuff they're talking about.

No big deal, Beomgyu has made Taehyun laugh several times before. He dare say he's made the younger laugh more than Ricky.

"I'm not jealous," he denies, "Ricky, the guy, is too close! And you know how Taehyun is with his personal space."

"Well Tyun doesn't seem to mind at all," Yeonjun points out to the younger who was indeed not minding the closeness at all.

Which probably lead Beomgyu deducing that they were close friends or they know each other from the radio news club. Knowing Taehyun, he literally just talks with that level of happiness when it's about his club or about a new cooking recipe.

Beomgyu watches as Taehyun's eyes began to become a bit more sparkly and he starts to talk a bit faster than before accompanied by actions; 'They're definitely talking about cooking,' he thought immediately.