Chapter 5: Unveil Killer

The two dorm mates ran with all their might until they reached the back of their school, where the track and soccer field was situated.

From a certain distance, they could see Inspector Sehun and his men along with four unknown ladies. Two of them were brunettes, one of them had blue hair while the other one had black hair with bangs. She looked like the youngest amongst them, but the only similarity was that they had puffy eyes and tear-stained cheeks. Especially the girl with waist-length wavy brown hair.

Inspector Sehun looked over his shoulder as he felt the two boys' presence, "You're just in time. We asked the students around for Hwang Yeji's close friends, and so far. We managed to find four of them; Shin Yuna, Shin Ryujin, Choi Lia and Yeji-ssi's girlfriend. Lee Chaeryoung." he said as he gestured at the four girls.

"They're also the last ones who saw Hwang Yeji alive before the incident," Sehun added.

"So that makes all three of them a potential suspect," Taehyun mumbled in a low voice. But unfortunately, one of the girls heard him.

"Are you saying that one of us killed our friend?!" the black haired girl, Yuna, spat as she glared at Taehyun.

The poor young male was startled at the girl who raised her voice at him. Instinctively, Beomgyu grabbed Taehyun's wrist and pulled the latter behind him. Not that he was mad at the younger, he just didn't want Taehyun to get into trouble. Beomgyu knows how emotionally unstable people are if one their friends were accused for killing another friend.

A strength that can also be a weakness.

Beomgyu looked behind him to see the Taehyun's scared expression. He looked like a mistreated puppy. Poor boy.

"I'll handle this Tae," he whispered softly, averting his gaze back to the four girls.

"Unfortunately, it's true. I will not sugar coat my words, your friend. Hwang Yeji, died in the hands of one of you four," Beomgyu's aura changed drastically, it was intimidating. His eyes became cold and scary, like he was planning to lure the killer out with it.

"Impossible! My friends would never do that," Chaeryoung said, the male could sense anger and disbelief as she spat those words.

"Too bad, one of you did---

"Aren't you a student here?" Lia narrowed her eyes, analyzing Beomgyu.

"I am."

"Then what are you doing here? And why did the police allowed you to question us? What are you a Sherlock Holmes-wannabe? Tsk, whatta freak," Ryujin insulted.

But Beomgyu remained calm. "Well unfortunately Miss, I'm not a freak. I'm just highly intelligent and the police owes me a lot so they gave me permission to interfere because they are extremely...." he was about to say stupid but the latter felt Taehyun's glare on him. "In need of help..... Anyways, cooperate with me and things will go smoothly." Beomgyu cleared his throat.

"When did you last saw Miss Hwang when she was alive?" the brunette male asked.

"This morning, at my first class. Yeji-unnie and I have English together. Then after that I went to my second class and she went to hers," Yuna replied in a sad tone.

"I last saw her this morning also, Yeji and I were walking to school. I should've never left her side," Ryujin muttered.

"Do you like dogs, Ryujin-ssi?" Beomgyu asked out of the blue.

"What?" the girl was confused at the sudden question, even Taehyun.

Because why would the older ask a girl whom he doesn't even know if she likes dogs?!