Chapter 69: Campfire talks Pt.1

Soobin glanced at the sky, it was already thr blue hour which meant the stars will come out soon enough. He was in his shared room with his brother, his lover and San. The three were out preparing for the campfire activity proposed by their history teacher.

It was to strengthen their bond with history, he said.

They were shortly briefed about it, how everyone would be in a group of six people sharing a fire and just. . . talk.

"Talk? About what?" Soobin remembers asking their history teacher, Mr. Han.

He remember the educator shrugging, "Anything, you can talk about life. About your fears and maybe even about your future plans under the gentle gaze of the moon and the breeze of the sea."

Mr. Han was always answering questions with these kinds of responses, it would seem quite weird as he was a history teacher—not a philosophy one. But then again he may be because Soobin heard Mr. Han had a master's degree in philosophy.

At around eight o'clock after dinner all the students were told to gather 'round outside the beach. The moon was full and the billions of stars could be seen as well as the constellations.

"Wow," Kai gasped, tilting his head up to the sky. "I see Regulus right there," he points at the Leo constellation from his right.

Yeonjun squints his eyes at the sky, "Where?"

Taehyun was staring at the stars as well, eyes soft as he slowly took in the celestial scenery. Beomgyu was not too far away, unlike Taehyun he wasn't staring at the stars. Soobin thinks his brother seems pretty content stargazing at Taehyun, of course Beomgyu would never acknowledge that.

Sighing, Soobin approaches the calmest one in their group at this moment. Like the others Moh-wa's gaze were on the sky, studying the stars and the moon with a glint of excitement in her eyes.

"Thinking about that online novel you were reading?" Soobin asked, standing beside her with his hands on his back.

There was a slight tug on the edge of Hwa's lips, "Yeah. . . so far this night view gave me a small visualization about it."

Soobin hums, it was peaceful today despite being on representative duty for the whole day. It felt like every tension and stress was washed away once he heard the soft crashing of waves to the shore. The sea breeze infiltrating his nose and softly caressing his skin.

"I didn't know you've been reading Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint, Hwa. Good taste," Soobin compliments her, he hears the brunette chuckle.

"Heh, I haven't made much progress with reading it though—but I'm getting there," she says.

Soobin glances at her, the edge of his lips tug upwards shortly. "Take your time, nobody's rushing you to finish it."

"I know, I just need some time, kind of in a reading slump ya'know?"

"Was it the last book you've read or just too much school work?"

Moh-wa hums, she looked at the stars again, arms crossed. "I think it's a bit of both, but to be honest I don't feel like reading so much now."

"Am I hearing this right?" Soobin cackles, turning his head to face her, "Miss Jung Moh-wa doesn't feel like reading?"

The brunette sends him a side-eye and an eye-roll.

It was peaceful this way, staring at the stars and do small talks with Moh-wa about online stories. The two had a rather similar hobby of reading, sometimes they'd even trade books and return them back after months or a year.