Chapter 59: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.3

Soobin did not fall.

Luckily enough Yeonjun had grabbed onto his hand just in time.

The vice president swallowed a lump as he glanced down to his feet, finding big wooden spikes just bellow him.

And maybe a few corpse as well.

Once Yeonjun had finally pulled Soobin up, the two boys rested their backs on the wall.

"Thanks," Soobin said as he pants.

"Don' mention it," Yeonjun replies. "But I don't think I would count this as a people-friendly game Bin," he adds, eyes on the spikes bellow covered in blood. And Yeonjun swore he saw a few corpses from the side of it.

Perhaps Decelis decided a new upgrade for this year's game.

And death sounded quite appealing.

"I agree with you there Jun," Soobin utters, hoisting himself up from his sitting position.

"But we have no choice but to play, the door we went through is locked. And the only way out is to win the challenge," the younger male lets out a frustrated sigh as he looks at Yeonjun.

"Jun I'm so sorr—"

"Then let's win," Yeonjun says, standing up as he faced his lover who stared at him with confusion.

The older male only gave him a smile. "You said the only way out is to win, right?"

Soobin nodded, "Yes but—"

Yeonjun gave him a smile, "So why don't we play and win this game? And enough with the sorrys, you can make it up to me when we win."

The vice president lets out a sigh before smiling, "Okay, I'll save the apologies."

The smile on Yeonjun's face only widen while nodding. "That's more like it, now back to the matter at hand," he diverts his attention back to the tiles.

"Do you think the game master used some kind of pattern for what tile comes down first?" Yeonjun wandered.

"He could have," Soobin answers. "The question is what kind of pattern did he use?"

That made Yeonjun think. "Hmm, Binnie did you remember what number your tile had before it collapsed?"

Soobin blinks, "Well I remember it being an eight. The last tile we stepped on was a ten. And this tile we're standing on," he looks down at said tile.

"It's a two."

"Two, Eight and Ten," Yeonjun murmurs. "Well we can definitely assume that the game master is using an even number pattern. The odd ones are the safe while the evens aren't, but that isn't always the case... right?"

"It could," Soobin says, agreeing to Yeonjun's theory.

"Why don't we give it a try?" the older male proposed, leaping towards a tile that had number five. Yeonjun looks to his lover expectantly, Soobin carefully made his way to where his lover was standing.

"Then we'll just have to wait."

Soobin nods, "I'll stand near the next tile just in case we—"

The lights went off.

Yeonjun's breath hitched as he felt a gentle squeeze on his hand from Soobin.

Nothing happened.

They can still feel the solid tile beneath them, they were still standing firmly on it as well.

The lights are on, and two tiles; one that was on their left and the other one on front were missing.

Yeonjun and Soobin took a glance down before at each other.