Chapter 41: Soojun

Note: HAPPY HYUKA DAY EVERYONE❤️🎂

-

Taehyun wrapped his arms around Yeonjun protectively as the older male cried even harder.

"It's okay hyung, let it out," he mutters, closing his eyes as Taehyun gently patted the older male's back.

They stayed like that for awhile, just until Yeonjun's cries turned into quiet sniffles. Taehyun didn't move his hand storking the older male's now black hair.

A comfortable silence had enveloped the two boys, neither of them wanting to speak. That was until Yeonjun stirred from his place and breaks off the hug.

"Sorry for calling so suddenly Tyun," Yeonjun mutters, wiping his tears away using the sleeve of his cardigan.

"It's fine hyung really, no need to apologize." Taehyun assures him before patting the older male's head for an attempt to calm him down.

Another round of silence emerged.

"Hey hyung, how 'bout we take a seat on the couch? I... I bought ice cream, they're in the fridge if you you want we can watch some movies while we eat them, how does that sound?"

Yeonjun slowly looks at Taehyun who was staring at him with worry. He already felt bad about stealing (well not exactly) the younger from his peaceful afternoon just to comfort his broken heart.

But then again—how could he say no to Taehyun?

Mustering a small smile, Yeonjun nods. "Sounds good, how... how about I get the ice cream and you set up the movie Tae?"

The said boy gave him a smile, "I'd rather you just sit and leave it to me hyung. You are my guest after all."

"I insist Tyun, besides I would love to clear my mind for a little while.." Yeonjun clears his throat before getting up, giving the younger male a somewhat pleading expression.

Noticing what his hyung was trying to tell him, Taehyun lets out a soft smile before hoisting himself from the floor. "Alright hyung, you can set the movie while I get the ice cream and some chips."

+×+

The movie Yeonjun had picked a rather romantic movie.

However Taehyun doubts that his hyung was happy, not when he still hears sniffles from his right side whenever the couple made a cameo.

"Um, hyung? Can I ask you something?" Taehyun spoke suddenly.

"Oh—of course," Yeonjun says rather too quickly, sniffling as he wipped his tear-stained cheeks before diverting his gaze to Taehyun. "What's your question, bubs?"

"Uh, well this might sound kind of rude in a way..." Taehyun began, fiddling his thumbs. "But I was wondering, why are you watching this movie?"

Yeonjun lets out a chortle of sorts. "Why? Is it because I had my heartbroken I can't watch rom-coms anymore?" he asked, tone a bit playful but broken nonetheless.

"No! I-It's not like that hyung," Taehyun says quickly, afraid to be misunderstood. "I just... I mean..." he struggled for words, trying to come up with a better question—one that was less painful.

"Doesn't it... hurt?" the young male whispers, biting his lip as he failed for it to be less. "Y-You don't have to answer if you don't want to hyung. I know it's rather rude question—"

"Your question isn't rude Tyun," Yeonjun cuts him off, a broken smile on his lips. "I chose a rom-com because—well I actually don't know myself," the older male chuckled sadly.