Chapter 29: Kai's Amusement Park Hang-out Demand

"Tsk."

Beomgyu let out a hiss when he tried to run his paintbrush down his canvas with his injured hand. It had been three days since the night of the gala and three days since Beomgyu had gotten his hand injury.

Thankfully the paramedics had taken out all the tiny shards, but they had advised the brunette to disinfect it daily. Since the shards had pierced his knuckles pretty deep.

"You okay Gyu?"

Lifting his gaze from the canvas, Beomgyu was greeted by San, whose face supported a worried look.

"Oh, it's just my hand injury hyung. No need to fret," Beomgy says, placing his brush on his stool.

"You know, you don't have to do club activities if your hand is still hurting Gyu. Take it easy," San says, giving him an assuring smile.

But the brunette merely scoffed. "Seriously, why is everyone acting like a mother today? First Taehyun and now you hyung. I'm fine, no need to worry about me," Beomgyu huffed.

San only smiled at him, "That's because he cares Gyu. And I do too, surely you saw his face when you said you'll be just fine before he left?"

Beomgyu pursed his lips, remembering those doe-y eyes that were filled with concern and worry. Seriously, just for a little hand injury Taehyun literally didn't leave him for the past three whole days.

But he has to admit.

He likes it when Taehyun takes care of him.

Care, the only time he heard that word was when his mother hugged him close four years ago.

'I care for you Gyu, so please, stop blaming yourself, it wasn't your fault.'

Was what she said.

She must be lonely now since he and Soobin moved out to live in dorms. Perhaps he'll make time to visit her when spring break comes around.

"I... I guess you're right hyung," Beomgyu utters, looking down at his hand.

When the bell rang, Beomgyu swung his bag over his shoulder and bid San goodbye, exiting the art club. Earning a very, very unexpected greeting from a certain male.

"Kai?"

The young male gave him his signature smile and waved at him. "Hi hyung!"

Beomgyu rose a brow. "What do you want from me?"

The young lad pouted, "I haven't even told you anything though."

"Kai, I know you. You don't just appear out of  give me your signature smile for nothing. Now, what is it?" Beomgyu asks, eyes on the latter.

Instead of answering, Kai gave him another cheeky grin. Thrusting five tickets onto the older boys' face.

Beomgyu rose a brow, "And what're these?"

The young brunette rolled his eyes, "For a detective you sure are slow. They're tickets to an Amusement park, duh!!"

"And for what?"

Kai took a deep breath and shrieked, "FOR A HANG-OUT YOU DUMMY!"

"But why five tickets? Surely you aren't planning on inviting my no-sport-loving brother and Yeonjun?"

Kai tilted his head, blinking at Beomgyu innocently. "Am I not supposed to?"

"Yes," Beomgyu says. "Because Taehyun wouldn't like it."

+×+

"I'd love that!" Taehyun exclaims energetically, whilst Beomgyu snorted.