Chapter 62: A dance to information

"Aww~ look at them," Kai coos, arms croseed as his eyes shifted fondly from the presidential couple to Beomgyu and Taehyun who were at the dance floor.

"Dancing with each other and not a care in the world," Hyuka comments softly.

"Mm yes, yes — adorable," Moh-wa murmurs, busy licking off the icing from the cupcake in her hands. Which was arguably her second cupcake of the night.

The blonde male glances at her and scoffs, "You aren't even watching them!"

"I don't have to 'cause they're so adorably painful to watch," she explains, proceeding to lick the last of the purple icing that swirled around the cupcake.

"Since when did adorable and painful belong in a sentence?" Kai counters.

"Ever since Beomgyu and Taehyun became oblivious of the pining they're doing to each other. I mean look at them, do you think friends have that look when they look at their besties face?!"

Hyuka's eyes were now on the said boys — it was true, his Beomgyu-hyung had this fond look stuck to his face when he and Taehyun made their way to the dance floor. And it didn't help that they look like a couple.

'Seriously when will they realize they like each other?'

Soon other people began to join in, an array of colors ranging from red cocktail gowns and black tuxes crowded around the dance floor with their partners.

And Kai desperately wanted to take part as well.

"Hey Hwa," he calls to his friend beside him.

The aforementioned looks at him, "Hm?"

"You have icing on here," Kai informs her, pointing the corner of his lips.

Within a second, Moh-wa wipes of the icing with her middle finger before looking at Hyuka once more.

"No more icing?" she asked, Kai nods before offering her a handkerchief. Hwa takes it from Kai, sayung an audible 'thanks' before wiping her hand with it.

"So . . ." Kai trails off, hands tucked in his pockets and quickly glanced at Moh-wa.

Moh-wa tilts her head, feigning innocence. "Hm?"

Kai's upper lip twitched, before straightening his posture. He spun his body to face the brunette and Moh-wa's eyes followed him.

The blonde male extended his hand. "Wanna dance?"

Moh-wa shrugs, taking the hand. "Why not?"

With a knowing smirk, Kai leads her to the dance floor. It was a bit crowded but not so much as that they wouldn't find a clear space. As they did, Kai's right hand rested on Moh-wa's back while his left was holding her right hand.

And they danced with the music.

Classical music began to invade Kai's ears, tone so familiar and nostalgic —reminding Hyuka of how he and his sisters would sometimes waltz to it whenever their father dragged them along to some of his business galas or to family reunions.

'Good memories,' Hyuka thought, chuckling in his mind.

'But let's focus on the job."

"Any luck?" Kai began, earning a groan from Moh-wa.

"Idiot wouldn't speak," she hissed lowly, and Hyuka can hear the venom in her voice. "Did every possible thing to make him slip out a name but the bastard kept quiet."

"Not even a clue?" Kai asked and Moh-wa shook her head.

It was mostly a day after the whole break-up charade did Moh-wa stalk Hanuel. Asking him questions after questions of who his boss is, the said member from the News Committee was now kicked out from said club and currently serving detention. So Moh-wa took every time and opportunity on pestering him for answers.