Chapter 39: Heartbreak

Everyone was silent, eyes glancing at each other before eyeing Taehyu's phone with concern.

"Of course you can, where are you hyung? Do you want me to pick you up?" Taehyun asked softly.

A sniffle was heard from the line, which only made the four worry even more.

"O-Oh no no it's alright I-I'll go by myself. Will... Will that be okay with Beomgyu though?"

Taehyun diverts his gaze to Beomgyu who nods. Before taling out his phone to which had a sentence on his note app.

Tell him I won't be at our dorm, I've got club work to do.

Beomgyu gestures him to say it to which had made Taehyun give him a narrowed look.

"I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind hyung, besides Gyu-hyung won't be at the dorms. He gave me a text that he has club work to do."

After saying those Beomgyu gave Taehyun a nod and a smile.

"Oh, is that so? A-Alright then."

"Okay hyung see you," Taehyun says before the call ended.

A reign of silence once again dominated their table, and a twinge of sadness was present.

"We need to start as soon as possible" Beomgyu demands. "This whole break-up thing is getting worse."

"I agree with that," Moh-wa nods alongside Hyuka and Taehyun.

"Great, now I have to go. Taehyun-ah I'll be back later..." Beomgyu says as he stood up.

"And where are you going?" Moh-wa asked, brows furrowed.

The brunette rolled his eyes. "Just going to make sure that my brother isn't dying of heartbreak for his heroic deed that cost his relationship to break." Beomgyu grumbled before stomping out of the cafe.

As soon as Beomgyu stormed out, Kai snorted. "He could've just told us he's worried about him."

"True," Taehyun agrees.

"You know how he is," Moh-wa says, shaking her head. "So stubborn to admit."

"That reminds me, I have to go," Taehyun utters as he gets his bag. "I still have to buy a few tubs of ice cream and ramen before I go back. I have a feeling Yeonjun-hyung's gonna need it."

"Of course hyung," Hyuka says. "Me and Hwa will try our best to find the culprint."

"And hopefully give them a quick scare so they lead us to whom he works for. Oh wait... maybe I can use that for my next paper." Moh-wa utters, softly slamming her palm on the table. "And could possibly ruin their name and image."

"Not only that once we expose the blackmailer and their boss we can also get them expelled," Hyuka mutters.

"And make sure they get blacklisted in every university," Moh-wa adds.

"Now that sounds like fun," Hyuka replies, glancing at Moh-wa as they nod their heads in agreement.

"You guys are scary," Taehyun comments with a chuckle. "Remind me to never mess with you two."

"It's not being scary if it means helping a friend's life, right Hyuks?" Moh-wa states.

Hyuka nods. "Yeah! Besides Junnie and Binnie-hyung are each others safe place. Only someone stupid would think of separating them!"

+×+

Ever felt shattered apart even though you're body isn't made of glass?

Ever felt your heart aching so much even if it had no complications?

Choi Yeonjun slumps as he made his way to Taehyun and Beomgyu's dorm, eyes bloodshot and nose runny. He had been crying non-stop for almost three hours at his dorm room and his heart simply couldn't handle the pain.

Thankfully his tears had dried up and his hair wasn't as mess as it was earlier. And so Yeonjun's mind began to wander.

He wondered why Soobin told him to end their hidden relationship.

It was so unlike him, something didn't feel right.

Something was definitely wrong.

And Yeonjun was no fool to be played with, he had been the younger's lover long enough to know how to read him like an open book.

And certainly, he knew that this break up of theirs wasn't just a quote and quote 'it's for the best for us' bullshit that Soobin had told him.

There was something off and Yeonjun couldn't pinpoint it, the way Soobin was acting; all wary and panicky, even though he had a completely neutral mask. And Yeonjun saw through it, he saw his lover's eyes flash with fear, but it was gone as soon as Soobin blinked.

People may think he sounded like he was indenial, but Yeonjun knew Soobin.

There were times when their relationship had gone through bumps and stops. And frankly one time during their early relationship stage, Yeonjun had suggested of breaking up with him.

"This won't work. What will people say if they found out?"

Yeonjun remembers saying.

"So? We aren't doing anything wrong. It's their problem if they don't accept it."

He remembers Soobin telling him that back then, adding a soft 'i love you' after.

But what if Soobin had just fallen out of love? Maybe that was why he told Yeonjun to break up with him.

Was there really something wrong or was Yeonjun just being indenial?

Honestly he doesn't know.

When Yeonjun reaches Taegyu's dorm he holds up his hand to knock but the door quickly opened, revealing Taehyun.

The smaller male gave him a soft smile before opening his arms to Yeonjun who wasted no time and dived into Taehyun's embrace.

And once again, in Taehyun's arms... he cried.

_______________________________________

I hope you liked the chapter:)

-Ria