Chapter 57: Literal Escape Rooms

Note: Hey guys I'm back! Well not as in back back but yeah... kinda been twice or thrice and busy so I couldn't update as often. I'm so sorry😭

-

What the heck; was the only thing that ran around Hyuka's mind as he stared at the massive garden before them.

Everything was covered with green luscious bushes, a big white arch with vines slithered around it, wooden benches were scattered in random order. And flowers ranged to various kinds of roses to other kinds flowers that Kai doesn't even know the names of.

He looks up to see the moon shining bright as well as the stars. The rays of the moon made garden look magical, as if they were transported into another place.

"Wow," Hyuka says, quite impressed than confused.

"Gardens," Moh-wa mutters, scanning the area. "Literally giving vampire vibes."

"How can gardens give off vampire vibes?!" Hyuka exclaims, turning at Moh-wa.

"Hyuka every vampire movie has that literal garden full of roses—"

"Idiot there are other kinds of flowers!"

"But the majority of it are roses! Red ones to be exact!" Moh-wa counters.

Kai scanned the place once more, and indeed red roses dominated the garden just like what Moh-wa said.

"Why would you think roses give of vampire vibes though?" Hyuka asked.

"Because in every vampire movie I watched there is always," she looks at Hyuka. "Always red roses in every vase in their barely lit mansion slash palace."

"I think that's just a stereotypical detail," Kai says, looking around.

"Probably is, but..." Moh-wa's voice became distant as the young male scanned the area.

There wasn't much other than massive flower bushes, they found nothing that could instruct them on what to do to escape. And Kai also tried calling his hyungs but the cell service had been blocked.

"Why would the management make these silly games and not give us any instructions on how to escape?" Hyuka wonders, hands inside the pockets of his slacks.

"Sounds like they want us to figure it out on our own," Moh-wa utters, eyes narrowed on the giant rose bush before them. "And why do I feel like we're stuck in a maze?"

Kai gave her a look. "A maze? What made you think of that?"

Moh-wa shrugs, "It's possible, I mean the big hedge that literally cuts off the garden does look pretty suspiscious, don't you think?"

Hyuka narrows his eyes at the tall rose hedge a couple meters away from them. "Yeah, it kind of does," he agrees.

"Do you think it might be the way out?" Moh-wa asked.

"Possibly," Hyuka answers. "But something doesn't feel right."

Moh-wa gave him a confused look, "What'd you mean?"

Kai looks around, "I dunno, something just doesn't feel right."

"Should we split up?" Moh-wa suggested, "We can find clues better with if we do."

Kai pursed his lip. "Yeah I think we should, the area's a bit huge and..."

The blonde male scans the area, so far he sees nothing but the faint fairylights decorating some of the bushes and on the trees. And then Kai notices something underneath one of the benches.

"I'll be taking this way," Kai tells her, failing to hear Hwa's fairly audible — 'I'll go this way then'— as he made his way to the benches; crouching as soon as he had reached the spot and there was indeed something glued underneath.