Chapter 34: Labyrinth of Codes

Note: I'm sorry for the delay guys!

-

"What in the world?"

Up ahead of them was nothing but a dark hallway, but unlike any other ones you'd see.

It had lots, and lots of codes and ciphers that had been carved onto the concrete. But that wasn't all that made them gawk...

The codes were glowing with a yellow-greenish color. All of them scattered within every corner of the hallway along with a soft sound of piano music.

Which somehow made it a bit creepy.

"Codes?" Taehyun muttered, placing a hand on one of the glow-in-the-dark cryptographs.

"And ciphers," Beomgyu utters, eyes dancing around the walls.

"Wait, where's Soobin-hyung and the others?" the blonde asks, now noticing that the trio was nowhere to be seen.

"Oh, they took the other hallway. Since my brother had the idea of splitting up into groups to cover the whole level," the older male explained, eyes roaming around the walls still.

"Ah, I see," Taehyun nodded, not sure of what sentence he'd add next.

A minute passed with silence until Beomgyu started to walk deeper into the hallway that was colored with codes.

"Yah! Hyung wait!" Taehyun shouts, running towards the older male's side. Quickly linking arms with the latter.

"Were planning on leaving me?!" he added, looking up to the older who let out a chuckle.

"Now why would I do that to you, sweetcheeks?" Beomgyu utters, eyes landing onto the younger's doe-y ones.

The blonde boy rolled his eyes and scoffed, "Judging by the chuckle you had seconds ago. You really were planning on leaving me, did you?"

"Now now, don't get all sulky with me, darling." Beomgyu let out a chortle, slightly leaning against the young boy and patted Taehyun's arm that was linked around his forearm. 

As they walked deeper into the hallway, the two boys noticed that they had reached a dead-end, and just like the glow-in-the-dark cryptographs in the now corridor. It also had something glowing engraved onto its surface too, but unlike the other walls that had codes and ciphers overlapping each other. This one only held one cryptograph, a cipher.

Narrowing his eyes, Beomgyu slipped his arm away from Taehyun's hold. Speed walking towards it.

As he began to walk closer, the brunette noticed that the wall's surface had a series of letters.

AABBAB - ABAAA - ABBAB - AAABB

AABBB - AABAA - ABBBB - AABBB - AAAAA - AABAA - BAABA - BAABB - BABAA - BAABA

"A code?" Taehyun spoke, running towards the older male.

"Well... more like a cipher," Beomgyu says, eyes roaming around every letter.

Taehyun observed the hidden message engraved before saying. "Then that should be easy, considering that the walls around us are filled with such, right?" he then gestured around them, showing the wall of flooding cryptographs.

Beomgyu only gave him a smile and shook his head. "Oh Taehyun, it's not that simple."

"Eh?"  Taehyun tilted his head in confusion. "Why?" he added.

"Think about it as a psychological effect of tricking people to grasp the idea that the codes that are engraved into the walls are a major clue. Which makes the players think that this level is as easy as eating pie, even though it's as hard as finding a needle that has been dropped into the ocean." the older says, eyes now on the young boy.