Chapter 58: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.2

'Shit, shit, shit, shit, shiiiiiiit!' Moh-wa chanted in her head as she walked aimlessly around the garden.

After seeing the Decelis card with the instructions she found on a bush (she doesn't know how it was there, it just happened to be there). Hwa was now trying to find Hyuka before that gardener finds him or her first.

Actually it would be worst if said gardener would find Moh-wa first because as far as she knows her heels were very much are not fit for running on soil. Not to mention that said gardener has a high possibility of being a fucking serial killer that might kill her first (which doesn't sound so bad but nobody needs to know that).

"Great if I do end up being killed first I might kiss my rich auntie dream goodbye," Moh-wa mutters sarcastically, walking towards the path where she previously took when she parted ways with Hyuka.

As Hwa walked, she found herself restless; breathing shallow, eyes scanning every area and hands cold.

Now Moh-wa wasn't a person akin to paranoia, but there were times that she does.

And they were always right.

The latter became frighteningly aware of her surroundings, although she doesn't need to be well aware as the place was dead silent. And it didn't take long for her to hear heavy footsteps marching out from the entrance of the maze.

Moh-wa stops just a few meters away from the maze entrance, it couldn't be Hyuka's; the young Huening had light and soft steps. Something that reflected the boy's personality.

The young lady slowly takes a step back, careful not to make a sound. As she was near the edge corner of the maze...

A figure emerged from the entrance, it wore a beige shirt covered in dirt underneath torn and worn out overalls rolled up to his knees. It was wearing a mask, a plain white mask that covered its entire face.

And a bloodied axe on his right hand.

Moh-wa's eyes widen in pure horror.

'What the fuck?! I thought this was a friendly game?! Oh my gosh where's Hyuka? Is he okay? Is that his blood?! Oh please no, no. Oh my gosh I can't breathe, I wanna go home. I want my bed, I want my brothers—'

Suddenly a hand covered Moh-wa's mouth, and she felt her heart burst in anxiety, her stomach falling into a pit and her body turning cold.

It was so sudden that she couldn't even react when another arm wrapped itself around her waist. She was lifted up and manuevered towards the other side of the edge. Away from the sight of the figure she just saw.

"Oh my gosh Hwa, he could've seen you if you continued to stand there!" Hyuka whisper-yelled, placing Moh-wa down.

Moh-wa, somehow losing every bit of her senses only stared at Hyuka with wide eyes. And of course the confused Huening stared back confusingly, not exactly sure if his friend was scared or had lost it.

But still he waited to see if she would snap out of it.

"What the—"

"Shh!" Hyuka shushes her. "Do you really want it to hear you?" he whispers.

"Bitch what the fuck was that?!" Moh-wa whispers, voice sounded very much of a hiss. "I thought the game was supposed to be friendly?! Does a guy with a fucking axe look people-friendly to you?! Because in my case it's down-right psychotic and—"

Kai shrugs, "Well it's Soobin-hyung we're talking about. You know how he has a different definition of people-friendly."

Moh-wa wasn't sure if she wanted to laugh or scream. But both wasn't exactly an option right now as she knew noise will very much attract the gardener (killer) their way.

"I don't even get paid for this," Moh-wa murmurs. "I cannot— why are my services even for free? What was younger me thinking?"

Hyuka somehow felt bad for the latter, its not everyday you enter a maze, later on being being inside a game and see a random person carrying a bloodied axe around.

"Hey Hwa, I know this is completely un-normal but—" Hyuka stopped mid-sentence and whipped his head at a certain direction.

Footsteps, heading in their direction.

Hyuka looks back at Moh-wa who was already looking at him.

"Shit," the two said in unison.

Quickly Kai grabs Moh-wa by the wrist and the two of them bolted as fast and quiet as possible.

+×+

"This should be easy, right?" Yeonjun mutters, eyes on the tiles before them. "I mean all we need to do is step on the tile with the most number so we don't fall."

"You think?" Soobin questions, eyes on the card.

He still wasn't sure if Decelis had finally thought about putting easy on their games. Because in all of Soobin's years of playing in Decelis, he knew that even the easiest games can be turned into the hardest.

It was a rather twisted thing done by the owner, because according to her. Life, even in the simplest obstacles can be turned into the hardest of them all; something that is inevitable to all humans, attacking in different ways.

Needless to say, the owner had quite the inspiration for the games.

"I... I mean I think?" Yeonjun answers, unsure.

"You're stuttering," Soobin pointed out. "Anyway, the note did say about something about the light and the connections of the tiles but I don't—"

Suddenly the light is went off.

Soobin blinked in confusion when he felt like gravity was pulling him down—

Oh.

'So that's what they meant by to not stay still when the dark is here.'

___________________________________________________

I hope you liked the chapter:)

-Ria