Chapter 14: Eslite

It was still raining outside, luckily it wasn't a wet run. Beomgyu and Taehyun ran as fast as they can until they finally reached their destination.

The library.

Barging into the quiet establishment, the two boys first looked around for the librarian. But she was nowhere to be found.

"Dammit, now where is Ms. Chu when you need her?" Beomgyu cussed as he averted his eyes to Taehyun.

"Split up?" the younger suggested.

Beomgyu hesitated for a bit. But soon nodded as he looked at Taehyun.

"Split up, I take the left, you take the right."

Taehyun firmly nodded, and took a deep breath. "Noted hyung."

And with that, they split up. Taehyun ran to the library's left wing where books about geometry and all kinds of math books resides. As he walked through the small path that the math section had, Taehyun noticed a white paper on one of the bookshelves. He was a bit hesitant to pick it up, thinking that it was just an ordinary note, but since there was a bomb inside the library.

He had to take his chances.

He crouched down and picked up the note. He was still scared of them because of the stalker incident, but nevertheless he picked it up. Once he had it in his grasped, he quickly unfolded it.

It was another riddle.

'To locate the bomb, solve this riddle.

Make it quick, or you'll die as fast as you fiddle:

Bounded by an arc, My circle is the region.

I am part of math, I multiply the radius by two.

I divide the area with three, six, and zero.

And multiply all to seek the truth.'

Taehyun blinked and re-read the note again.

"Is this some kind of math formula?" he wondered.

Now Taehyun was no math genius but he somehow found the riddle very familiar. Especially the arc sentence.

Then, his eyes lit up in realization.

"The sector formula," he uttered.

The sector formula is used to find the area of a circle, the sector is found when two radius (aka radii) come together to the endpoint of an arc

Quickly, Taehyun scanned every shelf for a geometery book for 10th grade students. Luckily, he found one.

However....

As Taehyun had it on his grasps, he found the weight quite strange. It weighed more than a regular math book that had 300 pages. He was about to open it when he heard something from the so-called book.