Chapter 71: Processing and Realizations

'When did this start?' Beomgyu asked himself.

This couldn't be love, surely it couldn't.

According to psychologists, feelings could be labeled as love if said feelings went beyond four month mark — which is usually the average time span of having a crush. If his feelings had just developed through a few weeks then this is just definitely a short found infatuation for Taehyun.

'But what if I liked him why before?'

The thought made Beomgyu froze, what if he actually did like Taehyun why before and. . . he just didn't realized it until now.

Didn't that mean he liked Taehyun for an entire year?

Beomgyu doesn't know, he always treated Taehyun kindly since he was his roommate and was one of the people who never considered him as weird. So somehow he developed a soft spot for him, he very much considered Taehyun a friend which is why Beomgyu does nice things for him.

Ironically, he doesn't remember when those gestures stop being planotic and just became—romantic.

There was something so dreadful of not remembering when and where those feelings came to be, it mainly meant that love came so naturally that Beomgyu could've fallen for Taehyun along the way without even realizing it. But Beomgyu never allowed something like this, he wanted to know where he picked those feelings up.

Beomgyu doesn't like the theory of his romantic feelings coming in so naturally into his heart with no origin as to how or where it got there. To him love doesn't just happen, or just comes in naturally — there are signs as to when love comes around.

Sometimes people get lucky, the signs of falling in love are clear and loud—but they're rare. But most of the time, the signs of falling in love are unclear, subtle—sometimes you can't even sense them nor see them. Which is why there are lots of casualties and so mucb confusion along the way.

Just as how Beomgyu doesn't remember how his feelings even began.

Was it when he first met Taehyun?

The first time they hung-out at the arcade?

Their nighttime study sessions?

The nights where they go out and eat food at the night market before the start of the school break?

Beomgyu lets out a sigh, he needs to know how this all started. How his feelings came to be without showing any warnings or signs that could let him prepare before he got too attached-he wasn't supposed to fall in love with Taehyun.

Beomgyu is hard to love, he knows that.

He was no fool to himself and how he acts and how people thinks of him. People call him manu things he was arrogant, has a big ego, a jerk and overall insensitive to everyone.

And, well some of those are true— Beomgyu will not deny it.

He doesn't even know if Taehyun even likes him but that's not the main issue here, because if Taehyun did like him back and they became a couple (which also isn't the issue). What will happen if they're relationship is that of a summer love?

They'd experience a love so warm like the flames in fireplace, a love so sweet like Taehyun's favourite candy but also a love so bitter like the sea all the same. Everything would be so beautifull but they had a relationship that doesn't last long yet held such an impact, created in a short amount of time as it run its course so naturally afterwards.