Chapter 68: Talks of Tension and a Book

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

To this Kai gags, "Ew, that's more like marrying my sister! Hwa's beautiful and all, frankly I'm even surprised most people don't even see it and she's such a great person too. But I only see her as like, a sister, a younger sister to be honest." he tells them, looking up to the sky.

"I love her, but as family. I consider her as family."

Yeonjun then looks at Taehyun and sighs, "This is why we need to normalize heterosexual friendships."

"Yes!" Hyuka nods vigorously, "Hwa and I get asked those kinds of question everyday and its getting exhausting!"

"Sorry Hyuks, I won't ask anymore," Taehyun says, feeling a bit guilty involving Hwa and Kai's friendship just so he can dodge the question thrown at him.

"Where should we go now?" Yeonjun asked, changing the topic.

"We could go to the bookshop," Taehyun suggested.

"Boring!"

"Nah."

The blonde haired male scoffed at their responses, "You guys are missing out."

"Let's just go to the seaside, I wanna see the seagulls!"

+×+

Beomgyu lets out a sigh as he roamed his tired eyes around the bookstore. He wasn't exactly one for reading, despite the fact he aces his quizes Beomgyu was never a fond reader. So this takes — even himself by surprise as his feet walked aimlessly around the streets of Busan only to stop at a bookstore. And if that wasn't surprising, Beomgyu even walked inside. Now currently roaming around the store and admiring the book covers.

Then, a few moments passed Beomgyu found himself in the young adult fiction section. Here he comes across loads of books with the overthrowing romance genre.

Ugh.

It wasn't like he hated the genre, but despite the fact that Beomgyu had labeled himself as a non-reader. He has read a few of some novels in the pass, including romance ones due to Moh-wa forcing him to read it. Least to say Beomgyu thinks the books that Hwa forced him to read were bad as they were too unrealistic for his taste.

Like seriously what kind of person would give up their dream just to be with someone? Not to mention they're only in high school.

Don't even get him started about the love at first sight trope.

Beomgyu groans as he remembered, hand on his face. He never really understood why they'd give up their lifelong dream just for a person they think is the one.

Besides how do you even know if a certain person is the one?

Beomgyu lets out a frustrated huff, placing a hand on one of the shelves. Love is truly a complex thing in the universe, well at least for Beomgyu that is.

The young male fixed his posture, now facing the books. However as he did, one particulat novel caught his eye. Its cover was in the darker shade of blue (almost black), the title was in beautiful cursives of gold and Beomgyu couldn't help but pull it out of the shelf.

Now he realizes that it the dark blue cover was the night sky, white dots imitated the stars alongside the milky way. The cover then fades into a lighter shade as it surrounds a moon in the center. Below were rectangles and squares tightly joined together, and to what Beomgyu might think are buildings.

The design was good, but the title made Beomgyu tilt his head.

Take a leap, Take a Chance With Me

He frowns, he doesn't know if he finds the title quirky or not but Beomgyu flips it to read the synopsis.

The story is about a boy who thinks love is overrated, and a girl who loves said boy.

'Typical,' Beomgyu thinks to himself.

However, his guts are telling him that this book holds more to what it seems. More surprisingly his intuition was telling him to buy it.

He pursed his lips, why though?

Beomgyu's intuition was never wrong, but why would it want him to buy a book? Pretty sure if he'd buy it, it'll only collect dust in his dorm room. Or he'll probably just give it to Taehyun since between them, it was the younger who's most likely into books than Beomgyu.

But something in the back of his head was telling him that it wouldn't hurt to read it, right?

Sighing, Beomgyu walks to the cashier with the book in hand. As the cashier was ringing him up they asked him if Beomgyu wanted a bookmark, gesturing at the rack beside them.

And so Beomgyu exited the bookstore with a book and a navy blue bookmark inside a paperbag. He then finds himself sitting on a bench underneath an oak tree, away from the scorching heat.

"This better be a good book," Beomgyu grumbled as he tears the plastic wrapping around the novel. As soon as he did, he opens it and the scent of the pages hits his nose — and reads the dedication.

To those who said love is easy, that's a load of bullshit. Respectfully saying.

There was a tug on the edge of Beomgyu's lips, he leans his back againat the bench and crosses his legs — oh he likes the author already.

Beomgyu flips the page, now coming across the prologue. His eyes blinks before releasing a low whisper, "Oh."

'If one knows no knowledge of romance, then how does one know it is?'

__________________________________________________

I hope you liked the chapter:)

-Ria

Sherlock - TAEGYUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें