Chapter 60: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.4

Start from the beginning

Hwa blinks, "Oh. . . Oh! Right, what I meant to say—what if the flowers are the clue to win. You know like how you said those rhododen–whatevers mean danger? And then mister killing gardener appeared out of nowhere and swung an axe at me," she explains as they ran towards a corner.

"So what if the meanings of the flowers are like. . . hints of which path is safe?"

"You have a point," Kai agrees. "But it gets complicated if they considered colors too."

"Why?" Hwa asked.

Kai stays silent for a while, "Well..."

Different flowers have different meanings; some were positive and some were not.

But it gets complicated for Hyuka when colors are taken into consideration. The meanings of some flowers (maybe even most) varies on what color their petals are.

Just like how orange lilies represent hatred while white lilies mean innocence.

Sometimes even, Hyuka read that red tulips symbolize hatred as well. And in another article it said that they mean love and lust.

Each flower had its own meanings in other places.

And Hyuka was still learning, he was afraid that his knowledge isn't enough to get themselves out.

"Well shit," Moh-wa cusses. "Are there any flowers that have like. . . a permanent meaning?"

"Well red roses in general mean love," Hyuka said.

"But what if it has another meaning in here?!" Moh-wa exclaims.

"Then let's take the risk!" Kai states before picking up his pace, now outrunning Hwa and was now dragging her to a path of roses.

"WHAT?! No! I ain't going there if it means we get ambushed by Mr. Psychopath!" Moh-wa shouts, trying to somehow free her wrist from Kai's grasps.

But she very much had no choice since Hyuka had quite the iron grip so escaping was very much out of the question.

As they ran through the path of roses, the two teens were tense—eyes scanning every parameter for a mask and an axe that might appear.

Thankfully enough, they managed to get out just fine and no encounter of the gardener.

Kai giggles and looks over at Moh-wa, "See? No gardener! You're quite panicky, aren't you Hwa?"

Moh-wa snorts and looks away, "Me and panicky have a long, looong history."

It didn't take long until they stumbled upon two paths; one with red tulips and purple hyacinths.

The two teens stopped.

"So. . ." Moh-wa looks at Kai, "Which path?"

Kai looks at each path, lips in a straight line. "I. . . Hwa I'm still learning so I'm not exactly sure–"

"Says the one who literally said 'let's take the risk!'" Moh-wa says and lets out a sigh.

"C'mon, I know you got this. Just chose the path you think is safe."

Hyuka hums, "Well purple hyacinths mean regret. And red tulips represent love and passion. So. . . I guess this way?"

He points at the path of red tulips.

Moh-wa nods, "Alright then, let's get going," she bents down a little, undoing the straps of her heels.

"What're you doing?" Hyuka asked.

"Since you said you aren't exactly sure might as well take of my heels just incase," she answers.

"You were literally running in heels earlier!"