Blood

DRAFT/ NOT EDITED

The princess with flaming red hair kneeled at the statue of the humongous goddess of marriage, childbirth and fertility as the man stood behind her with his head bowed. The evening sky sprinkled soft illumination of stars upon the head of the statue of the goddess that was in between the sacred waterfalls of the Great Eastern Deserts. The statue was said to be made by an ancient King that once ruled all lands that existed and made a tribute so magnanimous that mortal humans appeared smaller than the statue's toes.

Pheonix crown decorated her head as the royal garment of pure white adorned her body- a symbol of purity of heart and soul while the male standing behind her was covered in violet that was the insignia of valor and protection.

"I, Casagon, the General of Great Eastern Deserts"

"I, Artimisia, the princess of Gaerin."

"We pledge at the feet of the goddess to fulfil our destinies. When the sun rises we shall devote our hearts to one another and upon the arrival of moon, our loyalty shall remain unquestioned.The goddess shall guide our paths like a mother to son and we shall follow her as children. When disheartened we shall be united, when broken we shall be the hope.This marriage, we shall fulfill it as the oath to the goddess."

Bell towers that were in different parts of the city jingled in unison as gigantic fires were lit all around the capital to signify Gaerin and Eastern Desert's conjugal.

Artimisia closed her vermilion irises and kowtowed to the goddess along with Casagon before they stood up. Cheers erupted as the maids came forward with a golden wine jar and jaded cups that were used in ceremonial rituals. The newly wedded wife of the General shall now serve three people from her maternal family that she considered closest to her.

Usually, a bride would serve her father, mother and brother but Artimisa did not have any father, nor was her mother alive, in all honesty, Artimisia wished to serve the father's share to Azarios- her sister's husband yet since he was not present in her wedding there was some misery in her irises, although he told her that he would be absent still she had some hopes.

The woman looked at Sultan Zexzeus sitting on a golden throne and thus she chose to serve wine to him first. Then came the Sultana and at last General, Casagon led her toward Lilith.

Lilith looked at the glowing face of Artilia and felt that in that one moment everything that she had fought for was achieved. The wine thus given to her was gulped in one go as she laughed charmingly.

"Elder brother must take care of one's precious sister, there is no treasure in Gaerin that my sister has set her sights on and this empress has refused her. There is no demand in this mortal realm that can be fulfilled and shall not be fulfilled for Artimisia. Eldest brother Casagon this Empress is trusting you."

The misty irises smiled as Lilith nodded at Artimisia as if saying that from now onwards her life had new meaning and a new start was waiting for her.

Yet for some other people the joy shown wasn't the same, Prince Baez saw Princess Artimisia stopped smiling, although she was so different but then why was she so similar to him?

There was an uncomfortable feeling in his heart when he looked at her but before he could remove his irises, golden irises similar to that of a raged lion glared at him. General Casagon had murderous irises that seemed to shred all pretenses of cordiality yet the woman his arms clutched his bicep stooping his stare.

Although Lilith had said many words of friendship to him he could not stop the unease in his heart thus when the Empress stood up from her place for a moment seemingly going a little far away for fresh air he followed her. The cold dark night filled with stars could not hide the woman's charm.

"Princess Semeara.....no- Empress Lilith, your sister has now been married, my auspicious wishes to you." Lilith did not say anything for a while as silence prevailed between them, yet when it became that Baez's thoughts were too loud she replied.

"Your majesty, don't you know why the imperial army of Gaerin did not attack Ambrose in three years?" Baez did not know how to answer, it was his first time looking at the Semeara so closely or to say Empress Lilith standing so close to him. He did not know why but she shone so dazzlingly into his irises that he was blinded by her magnanimity. The jaded finger of the woman traced his cheek making him drunk in a stupor before she smiled sweetly and he was awake.

"Do not say that it was our past relationship that made the Empress do that." Lilith sighed as if she disliked his suspicion.

"We have been childhood friends your highness, its pains this Empress that you are wary of this one."

"Then why did you send Princess Quare's head to this Emperor?" Like a serpent, the male titled his head and asked the question which was meant to be a thorn in his heart.

"Didn't she betray you? Didn't this princess tell you Baez that when the day comes one would pay your debts of friendship?"

"The Empress's husband is one's enemy." laughter that was without any malice stopped the words from coming out of his mouth.

"Matters of past must not hurt the present, there is no reason for hatred between husband and you. Husband dotes on this one alot so one will talk to him just like one is talking to you. We have Gaerin and Grevian and having prosperous relations with Ambrose would only make one stronger."

Baez did not trust Lilith yet at that moment he believed her, if he could have a chance as such then it would not hurt. Furthermore he had no enmity with either Azarios nor Lilith, it was Emperor Alexander that challenged Azarios thus he believed things could be turned even then.

When Lilith smiled he was somewhat assured and after returning to his chambers had a dream of a prosperous nation not knowing that while he was sleeping the daughter of the goddess of war and bloodlust was wide awake and smiling down at him looking at his worthless existence with a mocking glare.

Vultures encircled the skies of Ambrose as blood trickled like a river that resembled a demonic realm. A dynasty that came to life by the forefathers was stepped on cruelly and then ruthlessly discarded.

A curse to the empire had now extended its veins and was now squeezing even the last speck of hope.

It was said that Darrin was enraged with the emperor of the empire and had resorted to attacking. After Princess Quare's death, the commoners were whispering under hushed breaths that their monarch was unjust and a beast in man's skin since one did not even think twice before sacrificing one's family yet the aristocratic circles were calm and tranquil- a princess's death was not a matter huge enough to sway the strength of a dynasty.

Yet the last letter found with Princess Quare's maid made terrifying accusations on Baez for conspiring against his own father and killing him, and then even going as far as to take the life of his brother. The maid died after eating poison saying that she did not deserve to live after her master- Princess Quare died so tragically thus the mystery of the death could never be solved.

Soldiers that were loyal to the imperial family of Ambrose pulled their lives on line yet when valor should have met with respect and gratitude, there was a rumor spread that Emperor Baez had fled the country.

A civil war had began.