Banquet 5

In he full moon lies scars deep, such premonition that even the light has darkness buried beneath. Who could have thought in the most fantastical dreams that when the General lady would call with her eyes closed, the majestic beast would appear standing at the very doorsteps of the banquet halls.

It was truly gut-wrenching to even imagine in the wildest of the dreams that a beast whose eyes shone like golden sapphires would walk inside the palace all the way and not even a single guard was aware. The ceremony being conducted right now was at a place 10 xiang(1 xiang=1 kilometer) inside the majestic doors of the castle, even the roads connecting outside were heavily guarded.....the people were certain the magnificent creature of which they could only see the outline of appeared out of smoke.

A miracle of the goddess

Young maidens and countless beautiful women were sitting with their necks craned to observe with bodies trembling while relying on the men of their household, watching in fear as if them blinking would incite the animal which in turn would pounce and tear off their flesh.

"Accept the greetings of this lowly one."

Those men smiled uncomfortably as if trying to maintain their strong façade in front of the Royal family and their colleagues as court officials yet the melodious voice resonated throughout in silence.

It was as if piercing a cloth with sharp arrow thus breaking the eerie harmony of the uncertain atmosphere and the people pretending to be brave broke in a cold sweat, an earth shattering roar was the result of the greeting as if the superior power accepted the voice of Lilith.

The mirage of strength, fierceness and bravery broke and even King Alexander would have fled if it wasn't the golden crown weighing down upon his body as if binding him with shackles to the throne. Each one of the imperial family members were the same, Empress Seycea had long went completely pale yet she gritted her teeth not giving up of her unrelenting attitude to never bow down.

Countess Jillian had fainted from the scare as Countess Cinthia supported her trembling.

In the game of imperial power the strongest contender was sitting calmly observing General Lady Lilith with a calm gaze as if understanding that the entire setting was nothing but a small play but even though it was all false he could not help the flash of lightning appearing in his eyes. This General Lady was not a simple character.

Even if he says that all this was a farce infront of everyone still the noble mouths were difficult to manage and one was certain that rumors of injustice would spread out but like this it was also good, it would help him weigh down to true power of the great Lotus mansion and then place his chess pieces accordingly.

He was Prince Baez.

Naturally the entire empire of Ambrose fell into the hands of his blooded older brother King Alexander but there was a long time since he was fighting a cold war without shredding his docile and elegant appearance. Every single citizen was well aware that Prince Baez was an extremely sharp character and his ambitions were even higher than the skies.

But then one day instead of competing with his brother, he himself wished to give up the entire throne to his brother saying that the Empress mother did not liked for the brothers to fight thus she was virtuous to give the empire to the oldest while built a city of mirrors for the younger one to live one's life lavishly but this Prince with not a kind hearted gentleman that would give up his dreams for another.

Then why?

Because naturally he had to achieve something greater.

He looked at the play as a small smile was gracing his lips for a second before completely disappearing yet he was unable to see the dark onyx eyes that had looked his way as a predator.

Then there was one another person that watched the whole ordeal with calm eyes, as if these otherworldly matters were not worth mentioning in her eyes, Princess Nevix was playing with her ring as it glinted in the light. For the woman it was a small trick that made feel entertained.

For a second the beast was there and the very next it disappeared into the darkness of night.

Lilith rose her head calmly and smoke as white as snow engulfed below the imperial family's high seats before completely disappearing.

"This one is ashamed to show incompetence but the goddess did not blessed the son of heavens and our monarch this time. One deserves to be punished for being not clear that once the day has passed this one could not bless." Although she had been very clearly saying that in the very beginning but Lilith's twisting words were making the other feel ashamed on their own accord to push the virtuous lady to such position that she had to proof herself, all the eyes of the noble wives and officials changed slightly.

There were some that feared her ability while other believed that insulting her would lead to the path of destruction and was a bad omen, the ones who did not had any belief in her abilities were less but more clear headed than the rest.

The Empress who could read the people very well was startled before her gaze got even more calm but there was a sharp edge to her expression.

"This Empress does not blames the General's wife because one had pure intentions yet one would be slightly confused that why was the Emperor and the palace was not informed of the gifts that the General's wife has? Does one believes that the imperial family does not deserves such blessings?"

Seycea was naturally one of the women who had gone through hell and heaven, killed and slaughtered and even stepped on the bones of her own clan to sit on the position that was being provided to her and was the most fierce while pushing someone to the point of no return yet the gentle appearance did not dropped for a moment.

At this moment Lilith was standing on a double edged sword.

Those who have registered on website will get the second early chapter of gladiator tomorrow by latest!

Update: the chapter is up on website, you just have to click and download for free, this way I would not spam anyone that does not wish to read.🤣🤣

Enjoy!