Awakened

It was like a state of deep sleep that led to a dark abyss where even after one woke up there was no peace. General Casagon of the Great Eastern Deserts had seen Lilith going insane and breaking all boundaries of morality to achieve the dragon throne. She could not save Prince Vzeus neither bring justice to Princess Lyra but for Artilia she had gone to all ends and brought her back from the mouth of underworld.

Earlier when Lilith was fighting Kyzm and twirling the empire of Daxtros on her fingers, she had called Casagon to protect the sleeping Artilia that was being treated by her highness saintess in the temple of the goddess. General Casagon was bound to Crown Princess Artilia or the new princess Artimisia in ways he had never imagined.

But now when Gaerin's envoy to the Great Eastern Deserts read aloud the imperial decree of the Empress to the General as he was on his knees, the male was somewhat trembling with his golden irises breaking like sparkling gems.

"With the blessings of the goddess of fertility, wealth and childbirth the emperor to the throne of Gaerin after discussing with Sultana of Great Eastern Deserts- her highness Nevix has hereby announced the golden period of alliance of Gaerin and Great Eastern Deserts which shall be marked by the marriage alliance of Her Majesty Princess Artimisa of the Gaerin and General Casagon of Great Eastern deserts.

The auspicious day will fall on seventh lunar moon in the Era of Empress Supreme.

By this alliance Gaerin would not only declare its support against Darrin to Eastern Deserts, a promise to guard the imperial honor of Eastern Deserts till Emperor Zexzerus comes to throne again but also would include the child born from this marriage alliance to have the title and powers of Prince or Princess of Gaerin and use their funds for the betterment of the people of Great eastern deserts."

"What is this?"

"Princess of Gaerin....." Murmurs erupted in the entire court as officials discussed .

The courtiers would have been suspicious if such a fortune fell upon another noble but General Casagon was loyal to the imperial throne. There have been years since Emperor Zexzerus was asleep and if the General had any ill intentions or ambitions he might as well have grasped the opportunity, instead he controlled the court and later paid his allegiance to the Sultana.

"This one cannot- this general's father promised the previous emperor that one would not build a family of my own and would only live and die for my nation-"

"This servant deserves death for being impudent my lord but this one cannot do anything. The imperial decree has been handed down and proclaimed by the Emperess Supreme with the effort of her highness Sultana."

Despite how flowery the words were the meaning was as clear as the water in the sacred Silian river-'you do not have a choice, you have to marry the princess regardless of your vow of celibacy and you must produce heirs since that is the wish of the monarch.

While at one end the imperial court of Eastern Deserts broke into chaos Gaerin's royals was stunned into silence.

"Great Empress mother this-"

"Prime Minister Ayram, the mind of the monarch is not something either you or this old one can fathom. Artilia could have been your sister but all that was of past, now Crown Princess Artilia is dead and the person infront of you instead is Princess Artimisia- Her majesty's sister.

Her highness must have had intentions to marry the two since beginning but has restrained, now that she sees opportunity to counter Ambrose, she shall impose it on the princess on the name of duty to the motherland."

"Then what about Princess Artimisia's wishes....what if she never wanted it as such?"

"True. Artimisia has always stayed far away from marital relations, she might have forgotten her past but the fear of having a horror filled marriage like Artilia had with Zorah is ingrained deep in her bones.

Also what Baez did.....

Just that her majesty would not sit still and see her sister wasting her youth and life for past instances."

GrandEmpress Belithia's wrinkled face displayed reminants of tiredness as she saw Archduke Aeon entering her chambers.

"...It's not Lilith that cannot perceive worries of the future, it's afterall we that are unable to comprehend it.

Relationship of Great Eastern Desert and Gaerin is in a conflict.

Emperor Zexzerus has been finally awakened and he refuses to beleive that he had ever known Princess Nevix. Gaerin needs this marriage alliance..."

The story will be completed within October I suppose.😘💕🎉