Husband or Nation

NOT EDITED!

"My grace, this mere servant just dreams to be in your shade this is one's only wish." Regina was sent by Lilith away to bring several books from the ancient library of the capital instead the woman had such guts to go to the oldest maid of the empress and inform her of Lilith.

"If your information about the mistress of the great Lotus mansion turns out to be false and a method against her majesty, your head would be hanging in the market the very next day." Lemen was a strong nurse, serving Seycea since the moment she was born. Her brown eyes sharp and tongue meant to convey words that the empress deemed too harsh to leave her tongue infront of the other concubines of the King.

When the people heard they thought that this madame was shrewd and unafraid, where the queen did not expressed her complications and forgave everyone, Lemme being her closest confidant could not help but say the truth to console the virtuous queen.

The truth however differed from the perspectives and views, Lemme was just a pawn in the game that the Empress was playing one that was cherished till it was an asset while thrown out as soon as they becomes a liability.

Even if no one else could understands, the fat nurse with sixty seasons of life understood the predicament very well hence her hands were folded as she heard Reginia calmly.

"We all feel the same for General's wife, she has taken the rightful place of a noble lady and its only natural for our magnanimous grace to feel wronged for her subjects but what I am telling is completely true.

I changed the sheets of her chambers everyday, it has been six weeks and even though the General pretends to be doting her but he hasn't taken her virginity, there is not even a speak of blood on her satin covers.

This leads to only to two conclusions, one that she hadn't entered General's heart completely or another that she is a non virtuous woman who had lost her purity much before." The gold dress adorning the chief made of Lilith was beautiful yet no where in comparison to even the roughest of the mistress' sandals and that made Reginia more furious and determined to be her downfall.

"If your service be true and loyal you will be called to the palace in three days."

__________________________________________

"Hereby with the order of the Emperor, Commander Azarios and Mistress of the great Lotus Mansion are invited to the winter banquet on the Second moon of era of snake. By the order of Empress, it is requested that the mistress should approach the ceremony in advance to accept the gifts that every noble lady should be bestowed with the grace of her majesty."

The royal guard read the scroll in the tea gardens of the mansion infront of Lilith and Azarios before bowing down and taking permission to retreat.

When the only people present in the arena remained to be the couple, the beast of Ambrose warned.

"You are no noble and the aristocrats are never this kind to leave some face to the one they do not deem worthy, this invitation is a hidden threat." onyx eyes met the honey swirls that were looking into the space, immersed deep in thoughts.

"Your beloved Empress has sent this offer and there is no way this servant can deny....."pouty red lips complained, agitated with the black tendrils of short hair that fell on his forehead, Lilith found her fingers itching and before she could stop, she threaded her fingers through his silky hair moving them away from his ink eyes swirling with gold.

"She is a poisonous snake, if you don't like it, don't go." Azarios did noticed her touch yet refused to comment on it seeming to focus on much serious matters in his hands.

"If I would not go how do you think I will fulfil my purpose, the very reason for our marriage." Lilith looked at him, laying back in her chair lazily.

"And the purpose is."

"To stop the war going on since half a decade." And it was the truth which she said so simply that the beast just observed her in silence.

"Suppose Lilith a final war commences......whose side will you be?" After moments of saying nothing he whispered asking her the question, his intense eyes testing her heart and soul.

It was foreseen that Azarios as the strongest commander would fight for Ambrose and Lilith would never leave side of her homeland Gaerin but the moment she gave him the promise of being his shield till death takes her away from him, she had bound herself. This is how he examined where her priorities lie......husband or nation.

Lilith had to accept one thing and that was how none of them trusted each other. They could not deny how their souls clashed yet it was undisputable that they conflicted in their loyalties.

"You and your subordinate have one thing in common my lord, both of you assume too much. The question is never what will I choose, it is what you will believe and support at the end....the woman you adore or the nation you hate.

Gaerin is prosperous and just, your King and Queen on the other hand are mere dolls, who just know how to dress up and play. If it wasn't of you till now, this country would have been reduced to ruins by your own emperor. I am not wrong so it will be foolish to change sides, why to choose between my Husband and my nation, I will have both. You on the other hand are in midst of a war my lord."

Lilith got up pleased and joyous with how Azarios always gave her a choice to deny, even if it was a royal ceremony not going to which can be considered a crime. The man was watching her with hawk eyes now completely understanding whether to be pleased with her answer or worried by her determination.

"And one thing more General..."

"What is it demoness?" His deep voice resonated as he tilted his head.

"You have lied to your wife commander, the lotus silk dress you gave me wasn't the softest....your hair is." Azarios chuckled in mirth.