Bonus 2: An empress or a dutiful wife

Lilith had probed and enquired into the life circumstances of Azarios and had at some point realized that he was even more unfortunate than her, living such a difficult life must have been so brutal, dangling in a gladiator pit broke the minds of men of valor so what about a child of mere ten seasons yet he wasn't like her who went berserk, maddened with unfathomable rage thus looking and learning from him, her own insanity was extinguished as Lilith calmed down...she wished for justice and the goddess would grant her that very soon.

"This is a wine made from azure grapes of Gaerin, would husband want this one to serve? Oh, but husband must not get intoxicated today, then would you like some tea instead? One would personally brew some." serene smile that could not be contained graced his lips making the general raise an eyebrow and look at the empress that was especially radiant today.

"Is there some occasion?"

"Does one needs an occasion to make one's husband happy?" the female pouted before ignoring his suspicious stare and going out of the chamber to bring in a teapot along with a set of porcelain golden cups embellished with tiny violet gemstones all placed in a large wooden box.

"Have you caused some big trouble?" Azarios placed his palm on Lilith's head ruffling her silky strands after she collected his war books and scrolls at one side and placed the tea set beside it.

"Is this empress a troublemaker to you? Husband is biased and unreasonable, one is not causing any chaos, now which tea would you prefer?"

Azarios simply wanted to see what she was up to and wasn't too hell-bent on the flavor thus he decided on the simple pear blossom but how would the woman that spent days building strategies and countering enemies had the leisure time to learn the skill thus after a while Lilith refused to look up when she was unable to get it done and instead of a light pink hue, a darker vermilion color was swirling in the cup.

"It resembles the colour of your lips, thus excuse this general to have a taste." The jade cup was held and the liquid was savored graciously despite how bitter it tasted. Lilith twiddled with her fingers not liking how badly she performed yet her heart melted with his affection. The goddess had truly not see wrong.

"Now what is it that you want?" Silence covered the atmosphere with Lilith paying heed to the man who himself was brewing rose petals with intricate elegance into the tea before she replied.

"One heard from the servants that today is the winter festival, can't husband and this one go to the market and play?"

"Hmm so this is what you wish for, alright tulip one would escort you tonight."

The night blowing cool air filled with an inexplainable warmth came sooner than expected. Winter festival came into existence when previous monarch of Ambrose Emperor Heun in the era of snake informed his subjects that the first snow of every year would mark the mirthful commemoration of a day when the moon was the largest ever seen in the year and was a sign of auspiciousness.

In reality, Heun was not superstitious and cared not about moon or sun but it was the day of the first snow when Helixis had confessed her love to him thus he felt so happy that he made the entire empire celebrate it too.

A dangling pendant followed by a pair of pearl earrings adorned her exquisite face. Lilith had always dressed in resplendent pair of clothing by her maids, thus giving off an aura of mystery and danger followed by an impression of immense pressure on the onlooker yet the servants at the countryside were not aware of her taste thus they brought out simplistic yet beautiful patterns of dresses.

Peach coloured skirt was decorated with prints of white flower having blue embroidery thus making her look like an innocent lady at the prime of her life. For the first time instead of decorating her hair she simply ordered the maid to insert a white rose in her ink hair and let it freely cascade her waist.

Azarios stood silent for a while watching her beauty, she looked so adorable as a newly developed bud of magnolia flower while Lilith looked at the common attire he wore comprising of hues of dark violet, even this wasn't enough, those women would still take a look at what was hers.

"Little tulip, come to this one." As if understanding what was going into her little mind the general somewhat chuckled before calling her to him darkly. Fluttering lashes that were shy to look into his onyx golden irises followed by her sinking pearly teeth into her bottom lip was what were displayed when he held her waist and lifted her up to sit in the carriage before settling inside comfortably beside her.

"Is wife cold?" She wasn't but she was hungry for his affection. Lilith was then held up and settled onto his lap as the general cupped her face warming her up in the cold weather.

"This one still feels the air." Living in the hostile war zones, she had never known what it was to feel cold but his touch maybe was required for her soul to be at ease.

Those calloused palms that were earlier gently touching her face now lifted up the long peach skirt and rubbed her legs before proceeding to her thighs.

"If this wife agrees, would husband want us to have a child?"

Next update: tomorrow

Yes I know I am late but I was having bad cramps yesterday and then I saw something very sad on youtube so I was depressed. Basically, I am a ball of sadness when Aunt flo visits and would cry on anything and everything.