Baez's feelings

Ask me the character that you forgot.

1 Month Later

"You should come to this Prince if you encounter any difficulties, Ambrose is a place full of deep webs and if her highness feels insecure, this prince would never refuse the princess." If an outsider heard such words, it would not be too absurd since they sounded almost innocent, yet Lilith stopped moving as Prince Baez's azure irises looked at her in compassion before he turned around and left sighing.

For her those words spoken were blasphemes.

It was almost as if......as if he was asking her to become his person...his woman if his brother- Crown Prince, now King Alexander cast her aside.

Time trickled like sand in the wooden crystal clock and it seemed like the goddess was still asleep, since the bad premonitions were prevalent- those who fought for justice lost their way while those that forgot every human emotion prevailed.

Prince Baez visited Princess Semeara(Lilith disguised) regularly and brought gifts that were simple, not extravagant yet their meaning was so profound that the princess could not refuse. Those deeds were done in such a manner that even the servants felt that Prince Baez pitied Princess Semeara(Lilith disguised).

Pitied?

Her highness Semeara was the most noble woman in Gaerin after the imperial consort and Grand empress mother Daphne thus people for all their lives could only be envious yet why he looked at her as if she was a very unfortunate person.

Was it because he was aware that King Alexander would abandon her? That was what the entire imperial palace thought in secrecy yet none spoke.

It was only a month ago when dark grey clouds covered the empire of Gaerin and rain showers sprinkled water on the land bringing joy to the common mass yet for the ladies in imperial palace the rain brought not only a restriction where they could not move out so as to preserve their beauty but it was also very well known that Princess Semeara's body was weak and during the monsoon she often fell ill.

That was the first time Prince Baez visited her with herbs that were meant to keep her sickness at bay not knowing that this was not the real princess Semeara but Lilith who fought alongside General Casagon in the Great Eastern deserts and had seen more brutality and then too remain alive...so what was this little rain?

Lilith was drowned in thoughts regarding her father- Prince Vzeus, she had sent a letter a week ago yet no reply came back to her, the anxiety and heart wrenching feeling intensified when even her mother was found to be gone from her maternal grandfather's house. Then where was her father mother and above all where was Yialos, her brother?

"Princess" Soft voice made Lilith loosen her tight hold on the dagger and Lilith couldn't help but nod so to make her maids leave all at once with the exception of her loyal maid Meza.

"Artilia...what happened?" Crown Princess Artilia had lost significant weight, dark circles prevalent under her eyes were proof that she did not ate enough and had troubled sleep, sighing she simply sat down beside Lilith for some moments in silence before opening her lips.

"After Prince Zorah was punished by the King, this one is facing a lot of people that want this one to be gone and are conspiring against me.

Prime Minister Artim, my father tried to meet consort Jeansen for ensuring Crown Prince Zorah remains wedded to me.

But it is always been Aeon the one who has been my solace, he has protected me all this time even after getting punished and called brutal names that mark him as a killer.

Archduke Aeon blocked my father's meeting to consort Jeansen for a month, yet this time Aeon is being sent to the border area to guard against the rebels in south.....my father abhors me thus he would not leave any stone unturned to destroy my life .I must go home, Lilith. One cannot trouble Aeon for so long.....this one needs to fight for myself and maybe for my mother and brother....this one needs to be strong."

Never in her life had Lilith felt such helplessness suffocating her, all her precious people were disappearing one by one and she could not even leave the palace to see what was going on outside, first, it was her parents that disappeared, then her brother and now even her only friend Artilia.

Even Aeon who appeared to be rude and arrogant was not against Lilith yet he too was separated.

"Artilia-"

"There is no need to say anything, one was born under an unlucky star and had brought calamity upon my mother."

"Its not you who is unlucky but the goddess who has no justice and kindness left for us."

Lilith upon thinking clearly had long ago decided that no matter what happens, she would not let Artilia return to that hell again.

"This one heard Prince Baez had warned you again and again." Crown Princess Artilia looked at the tiny flower bud kept in the golden pot and smiled.

"Since the day this one has married, one thinks it was better if one died. There is no affection and love in the world for me, only misery.....life is as such Lilith thus one must plan for oneself. I have heard Prince Baez's intentions, saw them myself. One knows that you do not feel anything for him yet one would say that if a time comes that you have nowhere to retreat and his hand is still stretched towards you.....you must survive anyhow.

Take his hand and become his woman no matter how difficult it appears to be, there is always a chance to climb up the ranks and have a better future. If he cannot give you affection someday then aim for his power yet you must have a good life."

That day Artilia did not had any idea how heavily she must pay for the words spoken, the goddess was not only laying in a deep sleep but the evil was guiding them towards the most corrupted.