Chosen one part 1

"Has this princess's letter reached its destination?"

"This servant has ensured that the hawk would deliver the letter well your highness, its just that one hasn't received any replies."

Akin to an inextinguishable wildfire, the information of Emperor Zexzerus's awakening and the alliance between Great Eastern Deserts spread throughout the six empires.It was already an impudent thought to try to stand infront of the large empire when it was ruled by the Sultana but now since the Sultan was awake Darrin's situation was precarious.

Furthermore Gaerin's intentions were evil and thus the alliance of Ambrose and Darrin was absolutely necessary for Baez to remain seated on the throne, thus a brother was ready to sacrifice his sister.

Baez had no intentions to send his soldiers to Darrin if a war broke out between Darrin and Great Eastern Deserts but he himself could use the barbarian soldiers of the allied country to repel Gaerin's attack. A royal carriage with a thousand soldiers was waiting for the princess who stood up in restlessness.

Two brothers- one blooded, another borne from another woman.

One trying to kill her while other's intentions being unknown.

Quare had to choose and she had chosen Azarios over Baez.

If Princess Quare still had a choice she would have never taken such a drastic step. Going with King Blanc to Darrin meant a life worse than death. Baez would not extend help to Darrin when needed thus she would be the object of hatred of the kingdom and being the link between two war torn countries- The King would torture her till her death, furthermore she had heard how barbarians gave away their wives to fellow soldiers- she might not even have an intact corpse.

Baez was truly ruthless.

"Princess, imperial concubine Leanne has come to gift fragrant oils." A guard appeared at the chamber's entrance making Quare frown. An elegant concubine of the emperor entered with a gentle smile making the guard bow and retreat.

"Greetings to her highness princess. When one marries, it is natural for one to feel restlessness yet her highness must not worry, since you have virtues and elegance along with wits to distinguish right from wrong, her highness would have a secure future.

Concubine Leanne was from the wealthy merchant family in the east, although she did not resembled the golden youth flowers that entered the harem-in ages ranging from eighteen to twenty seasons,her twenty seven seasons of life taught her tactics of having a calm demeanor accompanied by unparalleled beauty and graceful charm.

She wasnt too loud to attract the emperor's attention yet neither too simple to fall behind everyone thus currently she had a peaceful and prominent position inside the Emperor's inner chambers.

"What is it that the concubine visited this princess today?"

"Its not what this one wished, it was just that her highness wanted to see this one. Wasn't it her highness that send a letter to General Azarios?"

When such words were spoken Princess Quare felt her heart beating erratically as if one was struck by lightning.

"Princess must not worry, this concubine is on your side- this is the letter that one has received in turn to help your highness escape but first it must be the princess that proves her loyalty to one's master."

"Y-Your master?" The servant was startled as she could not help but look at the concubine as if one has seen a phantom.

"It's the General lady."

Quare clutched the scroll with trembling fingers that could not help but fear for what was to happen but soon they were tightened as if one's last hope to escape calamity.

"One needs to go now." Soon the princess was called by the Emperor.

Exquisite ladies in waiting walked behind the princess veiled by a glimmering ochre coloured fabric. The ladies in waiting were usually the illegitimate daughters of the noble families that served the princess and were sent with her to the empire she married.

Those were the most significant and loyal servants and sometimes were gifted by the main wife to her royal husband to further make her husband happy. Thus with such beautiful women when the princess walked to the imperial carriage, there were thousands of the common mass that came to watch and would follow the entourage till the princess would have prayed in the temple and attained the blessings of the goddess, after that she can only be accompanied by her husband and his soldiers to another empire with her immediate family.

That is Princess Quare shall share a royal carriage with Emperor Baez and after she had crossed the boundaries of Ambrose, the Emperor would return on a horse back distributing food and coins all the way back to the imperial palace.

More favoured the woman of royal palace, the more the emperor would distribute to the commoners.

"Imperial sister, this brother would always look out for your wellbeing."

The bride did not say much but nodded and settled inside the carriage with her brother that spoke things that he wished her to achieve while she was in Darrin.

"Imperial brother must not worry, this princess shall always bring glory to Ambrose."

Glory to Ambrose and to her name.

Princess Quare soon reached the temple where the ladies took the princess for rituals before the final rites of marriage were performed and just like that the fate of Darrin and Ambrose was sealed.