Away

"This one...this one cannot breathe husband lord!" Twinkling eyes ignored the pleas of the poisonous flower as she was clutched to his chest. Lilith squealed when an endearing attack was launched on her as Azarios peppered her little fairy-like face with kisses, stopping for a moment to chuckle at her innocence and naivety before again embracing her tightly.

"Tulip is so adorable." When Lilith told Azarios that Artilia will conquer Darrin he had looked at her stumped for a moment before pouncing on her delicate visage, entire manor saw their mistress as she was dragged inside the General's chamber in his arms, there were angry words thrown at their master yet he like a fool in love just smiled.

The lord was enamored and conquered by the lady.

"Husband lord what is it? Do you think this empress is a fool?" There was a looming threat over the Lotus mansion since a General dared kill the concubine gifted by the Emperor yet this masculine beast had the audacity to be joyous. This was the perfect time to strike Darrin since the barbaric emperor would have never suspected an attack from Gaerin when Nevix was in Ambrose capital and his own daughter died with such disgrace.

"W-Wait what is husband doing?"

"Little empress you and this general are going to venture outside the empire for several days, one has asked Seros in the morning itself to prepare a carriage having all basic necessities, one will take you to the border town near Gaerin that one lived in as a child. Now we must leave before Imperial soldiers come to the Lotus mansion."

"What is husband saying?" The man that was busy covering her with a black cloak halted in his movements and cupped Lilith's face.

"Lilith you have a sharp mind so listen, this general shall explain it to you only once, to conquer Darrin one needs resources and one's soldiers. This Prince shall never give up one's own power for such an insignificant task thus why must wife send Princess Artimisia to conquer Darrin?

A sword might pierce a deer and kill faster than an arrow can, yet the deer's significance is not so superior such that you need to use a sword.

One had hidden in shadows for so long waiting for this perfect opportunity thus striking now might gain us an empire and Alexander a defeat but if one is patient then there shall be hundreds of such gains."

Being an empress Lilith learned to strike swiftly like a flacon hunting for its prey thus even when the gains were little and the sacrifices huge she was willing if at last the victory was hers yet now when she looked at her soulmate, her highness Saintess Helixis's words were slightly echoing in her ears.

Truly scary

Wishing for blood to drink blood and flesh to eat flesh.

What Lilith wished for Alexander was a crushing defeat.

What Azarios wanted was a civil war in imperial family and Ambrose burning for what happened to his imperial father and the disgrace his mother was carrying till today.

What Lilith wanted was for the Emperor and Empress to die but what Azarios was conspiring against was even more horrific.

This male was worthy enough to be her opponent. All those that she fought with perished under her regime, now that she could see his deep schemes it was truly worth watching.

"This wife would follow her husband."

In the second calendar month, on the seventh lunar year the commoners were gathered infront of the Great Lotus mansion that once belonged to the late Emperor Heun's birth mother and was gifted to General Azarios by him. Fifty huge chests of gold along with seventy chests of silver were kept infront of the scary entrance and there was a servant that read out words written on parchment of yellow paper instead of a silk scroll signifying a bad omen.

"This is to announce to the Ambrose common mass that Commander Azarios has decided to give away all his wealth to you, the people of Ambrose. The General accepts his crime for being impudent and disregarding and disrespecting his majesty the emperor's decree despite not having such intentions.

The General has conveyed that his love for his wife too could not exceed his majesty the emperor's orders and his loyalty towards the empire thus he had accepted the order of taking in a concubine yet the woman had tried to murder the general lady and drown her. With such countenance, he rewarded punishment to the woman.

He asks for forgiveness from you all and had written his secret in this paper- General lady once saved the life of the General in a war at the mere age of twenty making him promise on the honor of his mantle that he would marry her yet the lady was too young and dared not have such thoughts. It was only a year ago that the general requested her to let him fulfill his promise.

When one gives life to someone they are to be preserved, one cannot bite the hand that feeds thus General could not carelessly let the concubine kill the general lady, yet he dares not offend the empire thus the general along with his wife and with only two set of clothes have left Ambrose."

Initially there was a silence as women cried after hearing such an ending to the hero that saved them several times but as soon as the last words were uttered gasps and cries resonated throughout the arena loudly. Men, women and children created a mob around the servant as majority refused to take the gold that their commander earned after risking his life.

"This one- this one saw a pair leaving the capital in silk robes this morning! To think this servant thought that it must be some rich merchant that have fallen to misfortune to have such clothes yet not even a pouch of coins in palms...... To think that was our noble general!"

The most that anyone could have thought was that the general's military power shall be taken away for sometime and his wife shall be reduced to the status of the commoner yet who could have imagined such circumstances?

The subjects were astonished and drowning in misery but their monarch trembled on hearing such information, Azaron army would be dispersed by now..gold was distributed and the man who could hold the blame of killing the Princess of Darrin has disappeared so in the absence of all who shall take the responsibility?

It was him, the emperor.