Run Away

Countless young maidens turned pink when the regal male walked with a beauty in his arms, his strong stature and romantic gestures were watched with dazed eyes as the men looked at the female that was dressed in simple clothes displaying a honorable bearing.

"And what this might be?"

"Those are rice steamed sweet buns, have you ever had them?" When Lilith pouted, Azarios smiled and got a pair for her sprinkled with little sugar cubes that melted and softened the bun, the delicacy was warm and mushy. Peach pink veil was lifted up and the woman was gently fed by him making those cocoa pools soften.

"Are they fine?" Nodding once she cared not about anyone else and ate the buns happily, nibbling on them like a squirrel. The female even though her face was hidden under a thin veil, those honeyed irises were so exquisitely warm and lively that it could move hearts thus she was pulled closer to the man who leisurely further strolled with two servants trailing with baskets in their hands.

It was earlier him who threw tantrums for her face to be covered or he might murder someone tonight if they looked at his wife for a longer period then a second.

The older generation of men and women watched the close interaction while wondering what was the relationship between the lord and the lady since the man looked rich enough to match their granddaughters with him, in case he was willing and belonged to a good family there was a possibility of marriage. Even if the lady was a fiancée still he could have concubines.

The maid trailing Lilith grumbled under her breath somewhat along the lines of 'these dumb old idiots.' making Lilith throw her head back and laugh like a blooming lotus bud and that symphonious voice was like a melody to many ears. Now completely aware of the eyes on his wife, the man raised his head as the smile was wiped off bringing forth the bloodthirsty aura of a general, temperatures dropped notches as the people stopped looking at Lilith that were earlier hoping to catch a glimpse of the face.

"Husband! What is that?" Raised and brought up in the palace the woman had little knowledge that animals of all exotic kinds were sold in such festivals to attract the attention of rich local servants, often such creatures were mistreated and sometimes even sold for their fur. Unexpectedly she was very feelings towards a creature's pain thus when those eyes seemed to be in distress with brow frowning Azarios ordered the servants to buy those animals and maybe bring one or two to their village mansion for Lilith to play with.

Eyes watching the couple's interaction since some moments felt that they might have been married a month or two ago and this was the sweetness every couple faced at the beginning. Dainty fingers wrapped around the muscular bicep as the demoness stood on her tiptoes to whisper some words of appreciation to her husband.

"Seeing how hardworking husband is, this wife is satisfied. If lord general fails to make one happy, one can flee away any day." Azarios raised an eyebrow before pulling Lilith away amidst of thousands of lightened lanterns that floated in air displaying a glow on their faces. Red ribbons bound with the wrists of everyone present were insignia of the auspicious day that the first snow brought. Yellow ribbons on the wrists of children represented blessings of the goddess of fertility Rierra.

They stopped infront of a wooden stall that had many varieties of fabrics embroidered into such auspicious ribbons before Azarios looked at Lilith and had his onyx irises trailing all over her. Countless ruby fabrics sorted in thin stipes were brought and settled into the basket of the servant.

Fragrant oils extracted from essence of flowers, sandalwood and several fruit jelly extracts were kept in the bamboo basket soon after.

"Do you wish to go on the other side of the lake, there are many small inns there and this one also has a small place prepared previously......just wife and this one." the male upon looking at the confused face held her wrist and walked towards the splendid boat that was decorated beautifully amidst of the lake with hundreds of floating lanterns.

Servants astonished with their masters running away tried to follow them, before Azarios took away the wooden basket with the things Lilith bought and gave it to her for holding as he scooped her up in his arms. Lilith gasped as people watched the couple with flushed face and scolded Azarios in her heart when even the servants casted their eyes towards the ground getting flushed.

"W-What is husband lord doing!" The whisper was done so softly that it sounded more like a sweet flustered complaint that Azarios could hear the entire night.

"Retreat to the mansion, this one will spend tonight at the second land across the river."

"B-But master it has no servants......"

"One would return soon." Knowing that it was futile to say any further the men and women retreated.

"Run away from this general? Baby tulip you aren't running anywhere." A gold coin was tossed to the boatman as he blinked several times before the couple settled inside with Lilith on lap of Azarios feeling his hard length probing her gentle parts. She was almost on the verge of fainting......this general was in such hurry since she mentioned about running......now he would not let her escape from underneath him tonight.

Was she complaining?

Hardly

Was she nervous? It was almost like the first time, they fought and then he made love to her, somedays ago she had fought with him....he going to eat her again now again.

While the woman was thinking she was picked up again like a baby before being seated infront of the general that rummaged through the wooden basket of hers making her blink several times.

"Have patience Tulip, don't try to take a peek."

That made her pout

but that was her basket.

Two violet ribbons were taken out and she felt her hair was being freed from the diamond pin. Rough palms that were soothing and gentle first tried to comb her silky locks and the callused fingers then started braiding them with embroidered ribbons.

At first Lilith was confused yet when later she realized what was happening, it brought wonderment followed by sorry and then by mirth. The empress was still a child when she was separated from her birth mother and never had the privilege to appear imperfect. It was only with Azarios that she could throw petty tantrums and he would take it.

When the two braids were done and the female was turned around she had tears brimming her irises as she threw herself in those masculine arms and stayed there seeking love and affection.

Next few chapters are mature