Sultan's innocent bride

4 years later

Great Eastern deserts

The regime of Emperor Zexzerus (Zak-zee-rus) also called Sultan of the East

"Princess of Daxtros, Nevix is being called upon by his majesty. It is the greatest honor by the gods and truly an opportunity to become the cherished flower in the imperial harem, the princess must be engaged to the monarch now and will be married once upon reaching the age."

Queen Caronisia had no choice in terms when her husband King Qiza decided to send their daughter to the barbarian and brutal lands of eastern deserts for establishing an alliance for it had been years since she was thrown into the cold palace and her eldest son- Rial was removed from the position of the crown prince.

Princess Nevix trembled when she looked at the guard with a scar on his face delivering the information that she, the princess has to meet the emperor today. For three long years, there was no ruler of the deserts after the Queen was dead. Several tried occupying the throne only to be prevented by the young general Casagon who understood that their desire might ruin the kingdom.

It was only a year ago, a man of seventeen seasons arrived claiming to be the brother of the dead Empress- his name Zexzerus.

For Eastern deserts that only bowed infront of the strongest, Zexzeus proved to be a talent born once in a century, defeating all his opponents with pure strength and combat, with a mind sharper than the falcon and sheer valor he established his reign taking supports from the prince of Gaerin- Vzeus and young general Casagon.

An year has passed and he was now offered a concubine- Princess Nevix by her father.

"Th-this princess understands." several handmaidens that paid homage to the young princess were fearful of how the sultan might be, rough coarse men would not care about the opposite gender's fragile and delicate body and would treat them brutally. Despite fear and trepidation instilled in their hearts, the maidens combed the silk dark chocolate hair of the princess and adorned her with jewels worthy enough to be worn by an empress.

Brocade and fabrics that shone with every moment embellished the cream body yet eyes of two different hues were misted with tears.....Nevix felt she was being decorated like a china doll for the monster to play with.

"Monarch of the empire has arrived!" Tents and caravans that were integrated near the oasis and far away from the imperial palace were guarded heavily by the men of the Sultan, thus when he entered all maids bowed down and retreated out of the chamber made of white fabric. Thirteen ice blocks kept in corners of the chamber made it cool and pleasant despite the scorching heat of the sun burning life.

Despite every luxury provided by Zexzerus, the princess refused to bow down to express gratitude or even meet the eye of the monarch as she looked down observing the pattern of wood kept beneath her feet.

Irises bathed in hues of tangerine shaded with red displayed rare humor of being entertained as the Sultan sat on the golden chair lazily with his back being comforted by the velvet support and hands-on the side handrest having lion symbol.

Silence prevailed for a long time and as if annoyed by the person who refused to speak a word of confrontation, Nevix raised her eyes meeting the ones that were intensely observing her for a long time.

When it came to the land of fighters it was assumed that the one ruling it must be an old and raged-looking demon yet Nevix almost stopped breathing when it came to the king sitting infront of her. Exquisite terms and poetry made by the ancestors were not even comparable when it came to describing his devious aura and appearance.

"This emperor would like to observe the flower of mine from a closer distance, requesting her highness princess to come here." Zexzerus words were polite and calm yet their implications were nevertheless profound. Nevix was guided closer and closer till she was right infront of him and then was ordered to sit on his muscular thigh.

Princess Nevix blushed unconsciously all pink and stuttered out some incoherent words before sitting on Zexzerus's thigh looking anywhere but at him.

The ruler initially came to see a haughty aristocratic woman who would throw tantrums to return to her kingdom yet had no such thoughts that there would be no woman at all but a little princess instead.

"This emperor would like to enquire if King Qiza, her highness' princess father is suffering from insanity? Sent such a little bud to this one, what does he wish for me to do with you.....shall I raise the little bud till she blooms into a flower?"

Nevix who had never heard such an eloquent and blatant insult sustained with an equally profound vocabulary to praise her looked at him clashing her irises of green and violet with his saffron golds before withdrawing.

"Replying to his majesty, this princess's father is not insane...he is cruel and foolish." Zexzerus laughed heartily at that warming up the atmosphere as such as he was lost in the thought when he saw the long lashes of the little fairy like beauty being jeweled with tiny dew drops that were certainly tears from before.

"Does princess hates Eastern deserts and would like to return to her homeland? This emperor has taking a liking to you and would like her highness to become my ally and friend even after returning."

Yet she did not, Nevix did not wished to return.

That day was the starting of the eternal love that was incomplete and full of anguish. It was said that Princess Nevix was cold to the emperor because she was betrothed off with force yet the truth was certainly too different....Princess Nevix was in love with the Sultan of East and would do anything and everything for him.

_______________________________________________________

In short Princess Nevix and Emperor Zexerus are like ancient version of Ares and Rose.

Zexzerus