Artilia returns home

"Are you here as the princess of Gaerin?" Lilith bowed her head down and sat on her knees infront of Grand empress mother Daphne, her step-grandmother that had her gray hair embellished with yellow sapphires signifying eternal youth. From a young daughter of the prime minister's manor to the empress of Emperor Fleunix she had fought with numerous women in the harem and defeated all of them such that not even their corpse was found.

After poisoning her husband and establishing her son- King Kyzm on the throne she now sat at the highest position in Gaerin yet when the woman looked at the delicate visage infront of her, there was a strange feeling of bloodthirst.

Her son Kyzm, Ragel and Lyra had played as children together, Lyra despite being the daughter of a baron had grown up with the same prestige as an imperial princess due to the then Empress Mother's grace. If only Lyra had not refused her son Kyzm and accepted him as her husband instead of Vzeus, thing would have been different, this impudent girl would not be born to Vzeus and instead of princes fighting in the imperial court...a legitimate heir would be established early.

If it was not for the presence of Vzeus, Empress mother Daphne would have crushed the baby before his first cry.

But look at this...all of the people who opposed her have been reduced to ashes.

"This one dares not think of oneself highly. One knows that her majesty dislikes this princess but today one is not here for myself...."

Empress mother Daphne listened to Lilith and smiled not reprimanding her since her entire self only felt joy.

"One requests her majesty to let this princess personally escort Artilia to the prime minister's manor. Crown Princess had guided this one all along one's stay in the imperial palace, one can least do this for her when she has lost her power and is leaving the palace."

These days it was a thing known to every single servant working in the palace that Prince Zorah refused to come out of his chambers and was so ill that the imperial physicians advised him to rest and recuperate but in reality maybe it was because he was put under house arrest and refused to let out. What more was done was that his and crown princess Artilia's marriage was nullified.

In Gaerin, women had freedom equal to men, if a female became the monarch, she was allowed to take concubines and consort similar to that of a male, in case of a broken marriage too, females were allowed to marry as many times as they wished, thus if princess Artilia would be supported by her maiden family, there would still be many males that would wish to take her as their wife.

Silence prevailed in the arena for a long time before the empress mother laughed.

"Since today is the day of celebration, one would let you do as you wish."

"Thanking her majesty, empress mother."

Lilith bowed again before getting up and leaving the chambers yet the old servant by Empress mother Daphne's side could not hide her astonishment and asked.

"Forgive this servant's impudence your majesty but this, why must you appease the foolish princess?"

"Her not knowing things is what makes this one extremely delighted. Kyzm had informed me some days ago that Vzeus is dead, Lyra is missing.....but what wife does not comes out even on her husband's death? She surely has followed him to the journey of the underworld.....the only person who is left is this impudent wench, she will too die soon.

Thus one must not stop her from doing things to please her heart before departing from the world."

_______________________________________________________________________________________

"Her highness Princess Semeara, the noblest princess is here! Greeting to her highness." Princess Semeara( Lilith disguised) stepped down from her carriage gently followed by Artilia that looked frail in comparison to the princess.

Prime minister Artim had fat old women servants placed at the entrance along with some guards prepared to drag Artilia in and lock her up in the room along with her mother Yona while he was not in the capital city of Gaerin, yet the moment those servants saw Princess Semeara(Lilith disguised) they could not help but back and bow down very low.

"Is this one not invited to the Prime Minister's manor, or does the master and mistress of the mansion feel that my royal lineage is not worthy to be greeted? Those words were spoken in a breathy soft voice like a siren's lullaby yet was so venomous as to imply that the Prime Minister does not respects the imperial power anymore.

Concubines came running as soon as they were informed about her royal highness personally visiting.

"Impudent!" The smiling faces that were going to flatter and please fell with terror written on them when the womenfolk saw that the princess was furious on not getting a proper treatment, the host must have been present, even the guests lower to one's stature were greeted by the hostess of the mansion yet even the imperial princess at the moment was only welcomed by mere concubines.

"Princess must now be raged, this one's mother is severely ill and father must have thought that since it was only his own daughter that was coming home thus had not decided to come up. It was this daughter who must have greeted father."

The words implied that Artilia was a dutiful daughter but Prime Minister Artim was cruel and unjust father and did not cared about either his sick wife or her.

"Lady Artilia, one must not take grievances. When one returns, this princess would inform imperial father- Emperor Kyzm that you are not welcomed in the Prime Minister's mansion, all I see are wolves who refused to see you yet came wagging their tales at this princess. My most trusted servant Meza shall accompany you along with my two personal guards......one cannot trust this place."

When Princess Semeara( Lilith disguised) said those words, the people were frozen with fear and Artilia smiled in her heart- Lilith had gone out of her way to help her, arranged two best shadow guards from Aeon's place to guard her and even trusting her most loyal maid to her......if possible in this life she would return her kindness tens of thousands of times.